Nicki Minaj - Megatron + Retirement | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Megatron + Retirement

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mikal, Jun 13, 2019.

1. I didn't know "Chun-Li" actually hit the Top 10 until recently. I sometimes forget how huge her reach still is.

timothy_b likes this.
  2. Sis it's well known that Chun-Li only scraped the Top 10 because of very suspicious Tidal streams.

evilsin, Rem, Lila and 19 others like this.
  3. And I— oop
    [​IMG]

Lila, Vixen, Island and 3 others like this.

4. But wow what a moment.

5. Sounds cute. Looks great. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

Vixen and mokitsu like this.
  6. She seriously needs a new stylist who can make her look a bit more high fashion because certain other queens who we won't name are out there giving all manner of serves while Nicki has been living her Anaconda fantasy for the last 5 years and it's not exactly titillating anymore.

(I know women can dress however they want. She does need to switch it up though - I think as well as her shitty attitude her look stagnated so bad it's maybe contributed to her feeling like yesterday's news. I'd love her to go super space age like the Motorsport video.)

7. Trina just released her Nicki collab ahead of her album that drops Friday.

The Megatron video is giving me Anaconda on a budget, but videos have never been her selling point. I just hope the song knocks. Seems like they've at least properly planned the release.

sadexo, GimmeWork, nooniebao and 2 others like this.
  8. She can keep the video, the boyfriend, and the attitude.

Verandi likes this.
  9. Sounds like this might sample Murder She Wrote?

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  10. Surprising since she used it before but I hear it.

Edited because initially it wasn't as evident to me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  11. I think it's this:

Hunterpoop, lemonsqueezyy and mokitsu like this.
  12. Remember how good the videos for Chun Li and Barbie Tingz were? The (very) early stages of Queen era were exciting as fuck.

Hmm

13. It’s sad that they had no idea what they were doing after dropping those two songs. I’m glad this time everything seems to actually be planned out for once. This is the first time we’ve gotten a proper release (midnight on a Friday) in such a long time.

thequinntessential likes this.
  14. BAPS gives me 2009/2010 pop nicki vibes. She is so good at writing pop melodies to rap to.

15. I hate that everytime I see this thread title it reminds me of Ms Trainor.

Rhombus, evilsin, Lila and 11 others like this.
  16. Her work ethic got better lately, she should keep that up, at least. Still not interested

17. Trina mentioned in a new Hot 97 interview that she asked Nicki to be on her record two years ago, and Nicki responded by sending over BAPS. The song was done while Nicki was in Miami working on Queen, so it's quite old. According to Twitter, she also shot the Megatron video back in February. So maybe the new album really is totally done and ready to go. It'd be nice if she had one or two more videos in the can.

18. I think she does. A hair stylist revealed recently that he worked with her on a secret project, and it wasn't the Megatron video.

19. The fact that her former stan, who now denies that he stanned her and is currently #1 on the hot 100, is dropping his new single the same day as her...I can feel the Queen Radio soundbites from here.

20. He's dropping a full EP including a song with Cardi. Onika will be seething.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.