Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Nov 23, 2011.

1. From her twitter:

"Pink Friday: ROMAN RELAODED" | Valentines Day| 2012 | Not a Re-Release | ALL new tracks | YMCMB | *salutes the nation*

2. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Not a re-release? Fantastic! She does seem insistent that Roman's in charge this time around. Really hope so.

3. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Thank God, I love her softer moments but her crazy raps are what made us all fall in love with her!
    I just hope there's no use of the word faggot on the album.

4. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

It sort of sounds like a title to a blockbuster sequel!

My most anticipated album of 2012. I just know she's going to bring it and just be massive.

5. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

VERY EXCITED.

6. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Yes, to more Roman! Strangely I feel like we could use another Nicki Minaj album despite the fact that she's been everywhere the past 2 years. She's only just begun~

7. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

My mental OCD is not accepting the Pink Friday tacked onto the title.

Couldn't it just be The Revenge of Roman?

8. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I am so happy for new music.

9. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Is this a Fame Monster situation? Regardless, I hope it's more 'Lil' Freak' and 'Monster' Nicki than 'Superbass' or that so-bad-it's-good Guetta track.

10. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I NEED more of everything, but better ! Dance Nicki = Fantastic, Urban Nicki = Epic,
    Pop Nicki = Amazing.
    I just need Nicki to add some UK flavour (Dubstep, Grime) and I am slayed.

11. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

More Monster, Roman's Revenge, Make Me Proud, Up All Night and Bottoms Up.

The fierce, fast-paced raps are always the best with usually a bit of substance.

12. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I was just thinking, if this is coming out on the 14th then she'll get a huge piece of cross promotion at the Superbowl with Madonna on the 5th. Well done whoever organised that.

Anyway, I want more of this Nicki:

Roman's Revenge
    Save Me
    Moment 4 Life
    Blazin'
    Monster
    Make Me Proud

And none of this Nicki:

SuperBass
    Where Them Girls At
    Check It Out
    Turn Me On

Even though Revenge is her best song I have a feeling she'll take that character and ruin it. I have visions of her proclaiming she's now a gay rapper or something stupid in an attempt to pander to the gays/Gaga crowd.

13. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I want more Save Me/Massive Attack/Monster and just a little Super Bass/Turn Me On with this album.

14. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I want Nicki a la Monster, Roger That, Bottoms Up, A$$ (shamefully)...oh wait, they're all features - funny that!

I don't mind if she does more straight-up pop in the vein of Superbass and Girls Fall Dominoes (say what you want but she delivers some brilliant, vibrant verses on those tracks) but she needs to stay away from the dumb samples (Your Love, Check It Out) and the slushy mid-tempos (Again, Your Love, Right Thru Me, etc.) this time around. She's best when she goes hard and fast.

Oh, and maybe a little Save Me.

15. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Bouncey, poppy, dancey Nicki was fine for Pink Friday. And I even grew to like the songs I initially hated. But it's time for her to take her marching orders. "So long, farewell", etc.

The alter-ego of Roman is full of so much un-tapped potential. It's where Nicki's talent as a unique rapper really lies. We've only seen the character rear his head on Romans Revenge, Did It On Em, Monster, Massive Attack(?) and a few of the features.

When Nicki channels Roman as her source of inspiration she is better than anyone. Anyone.

16. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I don't know much of Nicki's work outside of the album but I'd like the new one to be more Roman's Revenge, Did It On 'Em and Moment 4 Life.

17. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I can't allow Pink Friday to be in this album's title, it shall be going on my iTunes as Roman Reloaded.

But majorly excited for this, I hope she goes hard on this album and doesn't turn all dancey and poppy like we've seen. I want Monster and Romans Revenge Nicki.

I enjoy her lighter moments but I definitely don't want a whole album centred around it. Save that for the features Nicki!

18. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

This made my day. In a perfect world, there will be about one third Super Bass-esque songs, one or two songs in the vein of Save Me, and the rest like Roman's Revenge/Bottom's Up/Monster.

19. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

So a single can't be far off if this is to be released on valentines day? She'd better go hard, completely agree with those who said we need more Monster, Romans Revenge, Bottoms Up etc Nicki.

20. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Why include "Pink Friday" in the title if it's a separate body of work? It'll be going down as "Roman Reloaded" in my iTunes. (I did the same with Gaga - "The Fame Monster" is solely "Monster").

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.