Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album) | Page 100 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Yeah, the lyrics and production are downright wrong.

2. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Come on a Cone is crazy and amazing!

3. Roman Hoiday is amazing. I've come around to every song on this album, even Sex in the Lounge. I think it will appeal well to certain non-popjustice audiences.

4. HOV Lane is the only song I've half-enjoyed so far.

5. The album is just a perfect response to the questions around her, in terms of genre.

6. *Raven voice*

Ya nasty!

The song bites though.

7. She thinks Massive Attack is her worst song?

Dead to me.

8. Really? It's more like "I have no idea what I'm doing".

9. Erm, how is it? She still seems to have an identity crisis. Having tracks like Stupid Ho and Bees in a Trap on the same album as a bunch of tracks that sound like Whigfield or Ace of Base is just weird.

10. I know right? I'm horrified. No wonder she has no idea what she's doing with this album.

I did kind of get a kick out of her saying "I didn't even know my fans cared about that stupid song" about Roman In Moscow though. WELL WE DO CARE, NICKI!

11. She's really clueless, isn't she.

12. I've just had a thought. Wouldn't this album have been a lot better as a Robyn-style trilogy?

Like, drop the hip-hop stuff now as an EP- have Champion as the big lead single instead of Starships; Roman In Moscow and Roman Reloaded as buzz singles, then Beez In The Trap and I Am Your Leader as other singles.

Then, follow it up with the pop EP, throw down Young Forever as the lead single to show off your different not-so-mental side. Follow with Va Va Voom and Right By My Side.

Finally, as the muse to RedOne, the dance EP. Starships as lead single, Pound The Alarm and Whip It as the follow-ups.

13. I think she lives in a bubble completely unaware of general fan feedback/opinion. Makes me wonder how seriously she takes her own music or if it's all just..I don't even know, bullshit she makes just to make money.

14. I listened to this album for the first time yesterday and have to say loved every minute - including the bonus tracks!

defo contender for album of the year....

15. Beautiful Sinner and Marilyn Monroe are turning into my favorites on the album. Beautiful Sinner feels like the strongest dance song now, while Marilyn Monroe is the gorgeous sister of Young Forever/Fire Burns/Masquerade.

16. I have to wonder how much this talk of her "having no idea what she wants to be" is just people not reacting well to an artist who isn't willing to be tossed into only one box at a time.

17. Just bullshit she makes just to make money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPA7j2RKHII

18. So Roman is supposed to be a gay person yeah? If anything the big dance songs cater to him even more than the rap!

19. Nice spin but we all know the reason the album's such a mess is because the Roman singles flopped. The original concept was meant to be all Roman tracks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.