Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album) | Page 102 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Just found this post there. So ironic, pretty much of all the first and second page are full of communists want rap Nicki with "one SuperBass".

2. The rap was much stronger on her debut, but she's definitely made better pop music here, though none of it matches Super Bass.

3. The difference is that a majority of the songs themselves on her debut were shit. The rapping was fine but the overall quality of the tracks was lacking.

4. Just listened to the press conference. Annoying as shit.

5. I'm kinda tempted to say I prefer this to the debut. The first album has some amazing moments ('Moment 4 Life', 'Save Me', 'Blazin'), but this is ridiculously strong too.

Also, 'Gun Shot' is so underrated. It's one of my favourites...I just really need to learn the lyrics 'cause at the moment I don't have a clue.

6. I actually do prefer 'PF:RR' over 'Pink Friday'... </unpopular opinion alert!>

I'm The Best : Roman Holiday
    Roman's Revenge : Come On A Cone
    Did It On 'Em : I Am Your Leader
    Right Thru Me : Beez In The Trap
    Fly : HOV Lane
    Save Me : Roman Reloaded
    Moment 4 Life : Champion
    Check It Out : Right By My Side
    Blazin : Sex In The Lounge (not a huge fan of either...)
    Here I Am : Starships
    Dear Old Nicki : Pound The Alarm
    Your Love : Whip It
    Last Chance : Automatic
    Super Bass : Beautiful Sinner
    Blow Ya Mind : Marilyn Monroe
    Muny : Young Forever
    Girls Fall Like Dominoes : Fire Burns
    Wave Ya Hand : Gun Shot
    Catch Me : Stupid Hoe

7 : 11

7. Um... so let me get this straight.

Music's a business?

And I've only listened to a few tracks so far, but I really like "Marilyn Monroe." Not brilliant by any means, just a fun pop song that's easy to listen to. Most of her songs seem to be that way for me.

8. I am this close to just up and buying the physical deluxe version, just becaues I have the physical deluxe of Pink Friday and I am a completist.

NOOOOO.

9. Woah, dodgy performances on the Today Show. Starships just wasn\'t made for live showings, and especially not in an empty TV studio. Not that Right By My Side was much better, way too much heavy backing track and Nicki looking lost. I did a sharp inhale when Matt Lauer (mis)quoted her as citing GaGa as an inspiration, but she batted it away with a fairly reasonable \"I don\'t really know GaGa...\".

Is the Beez In The Trap video coming out tonight?

10. T&C

T&C

Been listening to this album for about a week now. I had gone off Nicki since the Grammys and \'Stupid Hoe\', but I was willing to give her a chance.

There are some great tracks on this album. The first five or so I particularly like. Then it hits a bump with the schmaltzy hip hop songs she seemed to pull off better on her debut album. The dance section of the album is solid too. \'Starships\' remains a staple. Ultimately there doesn\'t seem to be much of an improvement from her debut album besides the size of her budget. I\'ll have to cherry pick this one.

11. I can\'t stop listening to \'Whip It\', guys. It\'s turning into my favorite Nicki track (alongside \'Save Me\').

It\'s just the perfect mix of rap and pop Nicki.

12. Yay! I am so glad, Drew. That\'s my favorite track as well.

13. Whip It is weird, it\'s literally just verse-chorus-verse-chorus and then done. The verses are silly but fun, and at least they make some attempt at rapping, even if some of it is re-hashed from a Cassie reject.

In other news, the Beez In The Trap video is out. Spoiler Alert: Nothing much happens.

14. I don\'t see how anyone who likes Nicki rapping could be disappointed with the first half of the album. It\'s really brilliant.

15. The rapping parts are for me the best part of the album and the part I most return to. Outside of the first 7 tracks, the only thing else on it I bother with are Starships, Pound the Alarm, Whip it, Gun Shot and Stupid Hoe.

16. I adore dance/pop Nicki and this album has really made me grow to love rap Nicki too, I\'ve got the chorus of Beez In The Trap stuck in my head....my mother found it quite amusing. Also Whip It is epic but it irks me that it has no middle eight, it feels like it ends too quickly.

17. Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  18. I tried but...

I think it\'s the worst album released so far this year.

Shoot. Me. Down.

19. Good god, how irritating is that 2 Chainz man? I mean, I could forgive if he was like Big Sean, shit at rapping but good-looking....but no. \"OKAY NOW NICKI NICKI NICKI, PUT IT IN YOUR KITTY\" SHUT UPPPP. Other than that, the beat is still very much hot. I love that sparse-sounding production.

I hope Lady is getting cheques for all these big-assed girls twerking!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.