Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album) | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Nov 23, 2011.

1. NO! Not "fun" again!

2. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I don't remember, but she did have a bag of cookies.

I am the .0000000000000000000001%!

3. I fail at doing a British accent and I am actually British! You never hear a popstar attempting a Hull or any northen accent in music do you!

4. But I genuinely think it will be fun. And I don't mean in an overly-calculated, prescribed, "YOU WILL HAVE FUN DAMMIT. PARTY YEH!!" way.

It's clearly completely schizophonic, full throttle and full of comedic verbal bitch-slapping.

5. Any idea how quickly the London date will sell out? I don't fancy waking up for 9am. Probably won't be online till early afternoon, will that be too late?

6. Pre sales sold out in minutes so 9am or nothing to be honest.

7. Manchester standing went pretty much pronto, but I guess you still might be able to get some seating!

8. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

You can tell immediately by how they pronounce the consonants following vowels at the end of words. Fake British accents will always pronounce them with too much emphasis. I'm in a theatre group full of Americans and putting on a fake British accent is a common pass-time, so I've had time to figure this out~~

9. isn't that just the presale batch though? Surely they don't allow all tickets to be sold in the presale

10. Nah, I meant it's likely that given how the presale went, standing tickets are going to disappear pretty quickly tomorrow.

11. oh yes :) I'll be up from 8.30 refreshing the page haha I was hoping the show would be at a different venue as I'm not too keen on the Apollo but it will do :) what time are you going to go to the venue?

12. What's wrong with the Apollo? I'm wary of shitty venues now after going to the MEN arena.

13. Re:

This campaign is one giant fucking mess. She should have come right out with Starships instead of the two pointless promo singles. 'Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded' is an awful title because it gives the false impression that it's a re-release, which makes people less excited, unaware that it's her second album thus less inclined to buy it. I'm calling it 'Roman Holiday' when I get it in my iTunes! and i'm finding a better, fan-made album cover.

14. Nicki doing a British accent sounds strangely like Ebony Bones.

15. My god the lyrics are so weak. Listening to those snippets, I don't think there's one time I thought 'damn, I'd like to hear this in full'

Excitement for this album is completely gone.

16. Roman Holiday and Come On A Cone are going to change my life.

I need this to leak soon.

17. I need this to leak before Monday!

18. I remember what a mess Pink Friday leaking was, since I had to wait for every single bonus track from all five different vendors to leak too. Thankfully that's not the case this time around, because I'll be quite content once I have Come On a Cone and/or Pound the Alarm and/or Va Va Voom.

19. I still can't decide how I feel about how much "pop" there is on here.

The first six tracks are completely uncommercial rap, and then the latter half is completely unadulterated pop. It's bizarre.

I think I'm a bit pissed off, seeing how she promised a full rap album, powered by the Roman alter-ego, and yet she's backtracked again.

I might end up enjoying them. We'll see.

20. This whole album and campaign is a complete and utter hot ass mess but some of the songs are great so i'm eager for it to leak.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.