Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album) | Page 78 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Nov 23, 2011.

1. I guess I understand but don't approve. She has enough material for two albums in here. Like Noir said, this could have easily been a punch-packed 10-12 track album. My preferred tracklisting so far is:

Roman Holiday
    Come On A Cone
    Beez in The Trap
    HOV Lane
    Champion
    Roman Reloaded
    Starships
    Pound The Alarm
    Whip It
    Automatic
    Stupid Hoe

For an album called Roman Reloaded, not only is it fluffier than her previous effort, but Roman isn't even present on the majority of the tracks.

2. It makes her debut album look like a masterpiece.

3. is she singing in a different language on the begining of gun shot??

4. Did anyone notice that "na-na-na-na" part in Whip It has the same melody as Wonders by The Sound Of Arrows.

5. This is such an amazing album. The only fault is the one most people have pointed out, that she's divided into such clear sections which kinda ruins the flow. At least each section is amazing.

Whip It and Pound The Alarm go HARD. Definitely my favourites at the moment.

Anyone else sing "Forget about the price tag" over parts of Gun Shot?!

6. The album is good until the whole dance section begins. Then it all goes downhill.

7. I just wish Nicki would make an album where I don't have to delete at least five tracks. I get that she's eccentric, but she needs to put a bit more thought into it.

Like Pink Friday, there are a few really awful tracks, but the quality of the good material more than compensates for it in the long run. I am totally in love with all the rap tracks, and the dance sound really works in her favour on at least three of the occasions. But I hope she got it out of her system now.

I want a full rap album next time. Like this was supposed to be. She's so fucking good at it, I don't see why she wouldn't.

No worse or better than Pink Friday.

8. Here's my preferred tracklist (made up of only the standard edition tracks)

01. Roman Holiday
    02. Come On A Cone
    03. I Am Your Leader
    04. HOV Lane
    05. Beautiful Sinner
    06. Pound The Alarm
    07. Automatic
    08. Marilyn Monroe
    09. Right By My Side
    10. Whip It
    11. Starships
    12. Champion
    13. Young Forever
    14. Roman Reloaded

9. I can't understand a word of the chorus on Gun Shot. Also think that Va Va Voom (from the excellent preview) and Mannequin should both have made they standard, especially instead of Automatic). REALLY uncohesive album though. Anyone else finding it a little "flat" after being so excited from the previews. The bulk of RedOne tracks in a row was not a a good idea!

10. Except, for better or for worse, almost none of Roman Reloaded is a furious, cathartic or deeply personal as Eminem's songwriting. The 'Dick in your faaaace'-type moments are on par with Em's flair for lunacy but the commitment to a beastly 'persona' that he possesses is sadly absent.

There's more wit, originality and flair in a single utterance of 'I don't speak German but I can if you like' than there is in the 5 RedOne productions here, which completely whitewash Nicki's personality and leave her sounding utterly anonymous.

And rather than Britney, I'd say the album is filled with more would-be Rihanna tracks than anything (going off Rih's last two albums anyway) but even then, it would be a case of 'Young Forever' would make a good replacement for 'Fading' on 'Loud' or people would eat up Rihanna singing about her love for a 'Beautiful Sinner' to a Poppers O Clock production, rather than any of the songs being stellar in their own right.

11. Love the trolling in Beautiful Sinner. The first 17 seconds sound great with the synth and rapping but then it's back to Cascada.

12. In a way though, I'm really glad she has just thrown everything out there. People here are pretty polarised about tracks on the album. There are some loving Marilyn Monroe & all the other pop tracks littering the 2nd half, when I'm all for the first 6 tracks & Stupid Hoe is my favourite track of the year.

This way we can all make an album we like, rather than her leaving 10 of them on the cutting room floor to make it more cohesive.

13. Not even star ships? That's a killer with a filler.

14. I'm needing gunshot lyrics. The chorus would be insanely catchy if I could actually sing along. I hear 'gunshot' and 'blood clot' ... not enough to even form a sentence from.

The only 'chunk' I'm not into is the Champion-Sex In The Lounge bit. She goes from some of her deepest lyrics on Champion to Lil Wayne bigging up the withdrawal method with a Chris Brown bridge in between.
    Given I knew I wouldn't be big on these songs from the preview, I'm not dissapointed.

Beez In The Track has really grown on me since it's leak, and it's my least fave of the rap section, so am very happy indeed.

15. I really wish Pound The Alarm had been the big dance single over Starships since the first verse actually retains a bit of the Nick/Roman spirit while still being every bit as catchy and melodically sound, and yet not quite as dumb either. Even the drop, though equally ridiculous, fits that bit better. What better way to follow the battle cry of 'Pound the alarm!' than with an onslaught of furious sirens?

The 4 other dance tracks simply feel too RedOne feat. Nicki Minaj to truly fit on this album.

16. It should have been:

1. Roman Holiday
    2. Roman In Moscow
    3. Stupid Ho
    4. Come On A Cone
    5. Pound The Alarm
    6. Young Forever
    7. Whip It
    8. I Am Your Leader
    9. HOV Lane
    10. Beez In The Trap
    11. Champion
    12. Roman Reloaded

17. Well she's almost redeemed herself. I do wish the tracklisting was a bit more shuffled, it's a bit much to have huge chunks of similar sounding songs together. "Roman Holiday" & "Come On A Cone" are absolutely fantastic, and "Pound The Alarm" & "Whip It" are the best dance tracks. Unsurprisingly, "Sex In The Lounge" is the worst song on the album. Stupidly excited to see her at V Festival now!

18. Fuck it I don't care. We got 23 tracks instead of 12-16 like a normal album. I can skip the shit, just glad I have the choice to!

19. Are we all in agreement that Pound the Alarm should be the next single? Followed by Automatic in the height of the Summer? Yes? Good.

20. I love Roman Reloaded, except for those last 30 seconds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.