Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album) | Page 99 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Voicething, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Irregardless of A$$ we got 'Blow Ya Mind' on Pink Friday, the album for girls not needing to sing about their pussy (I'm almost sure the original quote had her saying she wouldn't mention 'pussy' around the time she started using 'step your cookies up' in opposed to 'step your pussy up'). Male chorus on about how hot she is, Nicki putting her pussy on your chinny chin chinny. And then comes RR.

2. So I only listened to all the iTunes clips of the songs, and I remain fairly unphased. The only two songs that stuck out majorly were Come On a Cone for some of those ridiculous lyrics (I can't decide if I like them or not) and Pound the Alarm, which is batshit amazing.

3. I keep trying to fault this album on all of it's weak points, but it's just so much fun.

I can't stop playing the songs. And I'm not going to fight it.

However, 'Sex In The Lounge' & 'Marilyn Monroe' are definitely not essential to the album. 'I Am Your Leader' (too many features) & 'Masquerade' (to a lesser extent)) are questionable. 'HOV Lane' keeps growing on me.

4. Sex in the Lounge hurts me. WHY NICKI?!

5. Seriously? You need to listen to some Lauryn Hill or some shit because that is NOT anything terribly special.

6. 'Gun Shot' is so breezy and summery its hard not to love it.

7. I should have specified with the phrase 'giving brain'/'give me brain', rather than the act itself!

8. How Many Licks was a bit much... my favourite Lil Kim one will always be Call Me (with Too Short) It sounds like something from Madonna's Erotica! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w84Jhjv9RG4

I always thought Lil Kim was kind of a feminist in a weird way. I mean male rappers had been rapping about fucking bitches for years, why can't a female rapper rap about enjoying sex too? And at least she worked with all the other female rappers, it bothers me how Nicki will only ever record with male ones and constantly raps about hating all the other "rap bitches" etc.

9. I love how in every review that drags Nicki to the pits of hell in back, they drag Katy Perry right along with her. I guess Pop music now has a new artist for the barometer of bad, until Katy's next album of course.

10. Pound The Alarm is so frustrating. The first verse is probably my favourite part of the entire album and then the second verse is such a damp squib in comparison. My top three right now are Pound The Alarm, Beez In The Trap and I Am Your Leader and I'm finding it hard to listen to any of the others apart from them!

11. Besides 'Sex in the lounge' being horrible I love this album. It's pure fun. As much as I was wishing for an angry rap Roman record this way it's so much more fun.

12. I made an account to troll some of the commenters on Huffington Post, but you have to get your comments "approved" before they can be posted. It's scary what can get through.

13. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

14. I really dislike Marilyn Monroe because it's based on that annoying quote stupid and unoriginal people always post on Facebook!

15. I saw that Laughable Lines nonsense yesterday... it's true that PFRR contains some questionable lines, but how come I've never seen such a piece about some of Eminem/Wayne's most Laughable Lines? Oh right, dual racism/sexism yay!

16. Do it in the bedroom then.

17. "When I'm sitting with Anna, I'm really sitting with Anna / Ain't a metaphor punchline, I'm really sitting with Anna."

I thought this was "Ain't a medal for punchline, I'm really sitting with Anna!", which to be honest, I prefer.

18. Almost all the pop tracks on this album follow the same format/structure. It's annoying.

19. New interview on The Breakfast Club. She looks great although you can kinda see she hasn't been up long.

20. So I'm properly listening to the album for the first time.

Roman Holiday is terrible.

Come On A Cone is even worse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.