Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I'm not saying that it offended me personally, but that she made it as extreme as possible.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the pope though. If it was a piss-take then I'm ok with it. But if she was in some way advocating his presence, then I'm not. He's a huge figurehead of homophobia and she has a huge gay fan base.

The performance was thoroughly entertaining and insane. Not sure what to make of the song yet, as I only heard it at 6am through my iPhone speaker.

2. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Lets face it, religion in pop culture is about as controversial as kids TV nowadays, it's so painfully overused and now just looks like a desperate plea for headlines, grumbles aside I thought it was a brilliant performance, easily one of my favorite Nicki performances, it all flowed so well and I love the song, though the chorus sounds exactly like Barbara Windsor "Roman, GET OUTTA MY PUB!"

3. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Young Forever is exactly the song I was not hoping for. This isn't Roman. This is boring.

4. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Anybody else hearing Angela Lansbury on the chorus of "Roman's Holiday"? Sounds damn like her.

5. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Oh god.

It was trashy as all hell and the song sounds like it's one listen away from becoming intolerable but, right now, I can't get enough of it.

that boy is a monster likes this.
  6. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I hate it but I love it. I'm still trying to get my head around it, it was very entertaining.

7. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I have just seen this and it was brilliant - I love the sound of the track too although I hope a few of the vocals sound different on the studio version.

8. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

The performance... I have no words.

Jwentz and that boy is a monster like this.
  9. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

I love Roman's Holiday! What time are we hearing Starships?

10. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Yeah, I agree. It's not controversial in the least and does look try-hardy these days. But I, too, loved Nicki's performance. It had such a youthful, throw-caution-to-the-wind energy, which stood out amongst so many staid performances. So she worked with Laurieann Gibson on that performance. I didn't know that.

11. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

That performance was everything I'd never expect from a Nicki performance. I feel this may have been her first "big moment". Actually quite incredible.

12. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Well obviously he is against homosexuality, since in the Bible it is a sin, and he is the leader of the Catholic Church! It's more offensive if she was taking the piss outta the Pope, not for me personally though because I'm Protestant.

I loved the performance. This era seems so Epic for Nicki, and I agree that last night was her first real "moment". I don't get why people are saying religion in pop means nothing, everyone on Twitter last night was saying it was "blasphemous", "sacrilegious" and she is an Illuminati Devil Worshipper etc. Religion & Christianity is still a very sacred part of a lot of people's lives, mine included, (though I've basically desensitised myself from being offended by these pop moments) so don't underestimate the "controversy" this could cause.

13. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Roman's Holiday sounds amazing. First new song I've liked!

14. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Echoing everything I said in the Grammys thread...

ROMAN HOLIDAY.

AMAZING.

One of the best awards show performances I've ever seen. Just so crazy, so energetic and dynamic. "I feel pretty, and witty....I SLAAAAAY"- best line ever. The rapping was totally on point. The set-up and the choreography were brilliant, I loved all the robes and her levitation. The Come All Ye Faithful interlude was an amazing idea, and I can't wait to hear the public's reaction. The pre-recorded video- in spite of being tacky as all hell- was amazing.

10/10, 100% exceptional. Stanning so hard for Nicki right now. Every release this era has been awesome, and I didn't think she'd top Roman In Moscow.

I'm agreeing with Coping when he says that he's getting total Fame Monster teas from this era. She won't get some huge #1s from this I don't think, but oh my absolute days, this album is going to kick serious arse, and probably sell a bucketload.

And I've gotta agree with Mushroom when I say that this is her first big 'moment'. I think this era has been flawless, thus far. I love how little she cares about what people are going to think. She's just doing her. I really feel about Nicki right now the way I did with Gaga just before the Fame Monster dropped....excited.

15. LJB

LJB

Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

HOW AMAZING WAS THAT

Rhetoric question but I'm going to answer it anyway: Very.

16. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Has anyone got a HQ link to it? All I can see on YouTube is shitty blurry videos and I need to see this properly!

17. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

http://dai.ly/xWhdt5

18. RJF

RJF

Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

That's the first time Nicki's impressed me in forever.

Jwentz and that boy is a monster like this.
  19. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

Starships is coming tomorrow.. not today. Apparently Nicki is talking to Ryan today, premiering the song tomorrow. Also, I'm not too sure, but I beleive only the performance of Romans Holiday will be on iTunes, not the studio version.

20. Re: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2nd Studio Album)

If the performance of "Roman's Holiday" goes on iTunes than I'll kill her management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.