Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded | Page 231 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welcome back Nicki

2. I endorse this EP

'lol'

3. It's out today?! I browsed all the new releases and nothing. I thought it was 26th? How strange.

4. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

[​IMG]
    CHRISTINA MARIA!!! NOOOOO

5. OH MY GOD.

I want Vasilios GIFs.

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Can someone help and tell me how I can keep just the clip where I mess meets mess so I can ridicule myself more on other sites?
    What's an easy program to do so? LVC has a record button but I can't make it work.

A guy saw my pic with Nicki today and said 'wow hot girl, is she a stripper?'
    Dead.

8. YOU MEET EVERYONE.

(Thats an Im so jealous post in case you wondered).

9. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Better than The Boys!

10. A few thoughts on the Re-Up.

- I'm Legit is stellar, it's utterly mental, Nicki's flow is relentless and Ciara is gloriously ratchet on the hook.
    - Up In Flames is a fantastic production and her verses are pretty strong but it's so slooooooow that it pretty much renders the track pointless. You could speed the tempo up by 35% and Nicki still wouldn't be breaking a sweat.
    - High School is a complete waste of time and L'il Wayne continues to be repugnant.
    - There are so many nobodies cluttering the re-release up; Parker, Tyra, Brinx; nobody is here for them! I mean Ciara and Cassie might add a touch of flop to the proceedings but at least their contributations are somewhat worthwile, the other's just feel like pure padding.
    - For the reason above, I Endorse These Strippers is a waste of time. She has as many verses on it as she does I Love Dem Strippers i.e. JUST THE ONE.

So that's another woefully mixed bag from Nicki then, but it does serve as a reminder that she isn't just a terrible LOLpopstar, she can also make mediocre rap music when she puts her mind to it, with one or two flashes of brilliance along the way. She needs to drop the Cash Money deadwood, get some more exciting producers on board and keep her flow fast and furious. Ultimately, I'm still left fishing through the shit to find the occasional gem and it's barely worth the effort at this point, no matter how much promise and potential Nicki may hold.

11. Just saw that you're in the DVD Vas--congrats, this is like your lifetime achievement award.

12. Vas is the popjustice mascot.

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Hahaha I love you guys.

I love the Re Up tracks but still love PF RR as it were,
    one of my most listened to albums this year,
    so many highlights.

Anyone know if there was a Part 3 of My Truth last Sunday?
    I think E! just shows a repeat - just checking.

14. Decent video.
    [video=youtube;54zpFh0KuK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54zpFh0KuK0[/video]

15. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Hell Yeah, I'm Legit, Up In Flames and Freedom are better than 90% of Roman Reloaded. High School and I Endorse These Strippers sound like they should be on Roman Reloaded.

16. I assume they asked for your permission to use this?
    If not, you should sue them. Just for laughs.

17. I really like 'Freedom'. The video is so refreshing, not seeing Nicki in garish colours, pulling weird faces and being ridiculous. I stan for her debut, and this just feels like where 'Save Me' left off, so I'm happy.

18. vasilios

vasilios Guest

They did.
    I got sent a release form etc. but thought they sent it to everyone just in case.

Freedom video is amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.