Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded | Page 98 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I just listened to the album for the first time (I've been w/o internet access for a week... aye)! My first impressions:

1) The 7 best tracks are 'Come On A Cone', 'Beez In The Trap', 'Whip It', 'Automatic', 'Beautiful Sinner', 'Young Forever', 'Va Va Voom' (in tracklist order).

2) The 4 songs that could be trashed (in order): 'Sex In The Lounge' (seriously, Nicki's on the track for about 1 minute, the rest is a Bobby Valentino snoozefest), 'Marilyn Monroe' (too sappy & generic for this album), 'HOV Lane' (weak beat & chorus compared to the rest), & 'I Am Your Leader' (I don't dislike it, I just feel it would have been better if Nicki carried it solo).

3) 'Gun Shot' is so weird. I don't know how I feel about it at all! 'Beautiful Sinner' is delightfully weird as well but it's amazing.

4) This album is the definition of fluorescent trashy pop rap. It's going to be everywhere this summer & we will all deal. 'Va Va Voom' could be the best track 21 I've ever heard.

5) All things considered: It's crazy, it's a mess, it's catchy, it's probably a bit too long, but it's a whole lot of fun. Well done, Nicki.

2. It is amazing, but how many track 21s have you heard (other than Christina Aguilera's)?

3. That's the point. *winks*

4. Gun Shot is kinda lovely but have to to agree with whoever said it's long winded and shouty.

5. These are two great tracks with Nicki's stamp all over them thanks to her vocal tics and bonkers hooks, but unfortunately they're in sport supply on this album

6. I couldn't. Its so messy the way all the credits are on one page. What the hell?Its like a maze trying to read it.

7. I HATE her "vocal tics and bonkers hooks" She's so much better and more inpressive when she raps normally. When she tries to be funny and wacky she sounds like a total retard, the Dick van Dyke voice on Roman Holiday is so cringeworthy, urgh!

8. Surely you jest?

9. I've decided this could have been a good 12 track album but as it stands it's kind of atrocious. Most of the second half is completely unnecessary and even when you take out those songs, what you're left with leaves a lot to be desired.

Automatic and Beautiful Sinner drag the whole pop section out and takes it from being three great songs which all sound like the potential hit single she was looking for (Starships, Pound the Alarm and Whip It) to just throwing everything at the wall and hoping one of them eventually sticks. Marilyn Monroe, Young Forever, Fire Burns and Gunshot are just completely forgettable and fail to live up to her other midtempos. By the time Turn Me On rolls around you really do realise how much she fucked up her second album basically.

I would have gone for something like:

Roman Holiday
    Stupid Hoe
    Come On A Cone
    I Am Your Leader
    Beez in the Trap
    HOV Lane
    Roman Reloaded
    Champion
    Va Va Voom
    Whip It
    Pound the Alarm
    Starships (last for a euphoric ending)

But even then your left with an average album at best. She just hasn't come up with anything as good as Roman's Revenge, Blazin', Moment 4 Life or Save Me. Also the fact that Turn Me On was included says it all. This album is all about quantity (of money to be made) and Nicki let the quality go out the window completely.

10. Dick van Dyke? Well I never.

11. No, I find it gimicky and annoying. That was when I went off Eminem too when he started rapping in stupid accents. I grew up in the 90s listening to real hip-hop like 2pac, Snoop Dogg and Lil Kim, I guess I'm more old school in my tastes.

12. Just bought the deluxe and changed the track-listing to:

Roman Holiday
    Pound the Alarm
    Whip It
    Va Va Voom
    Beez in the Trap
    Come on a Cone
    Automatic
    Stupid Hoe
    I Am Your Leader
    HOV Lane
    Masquerade
    Roman Reloaded
    Starships

Even only at 13 songs, the cheapest way to get them was to "complete my album" for the deluxe edition.

13. Some really good songs on here, especially liking Whip It and Va Va Voom from the clips

14. Number one in the UK midweeks!!!

15. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Yay!

16. So happy for her!

Has a female "Rap" album ever gone to #1 here before?

17. It's kinda weird she hasn't managed a no.1 single but she can do it with an album.

18. It does humour me that, features et al, she's never ONCE managed a #1 in either the UK or the US. She's had ample opportunity- David Guetta, Madonna, Britney, Bedrock, Super Bass, Starships...yet it's never materialised.

She's like the US version of The Saturdays.

19. If she wants a #1 single from this album, Young Forever and Va Va Voom are waiting...

20. Exactly, unlike the Saturdays, she actually has some blatant number ones on the album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.