Nicki Minaj - Queen | Page 134 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Queen

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dijeizasin, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damn at the Chun Li video. Amazed at what they managed with the short turnaround. Klein!!

Hope this propels the song even further up the charts. It’s all just so fresh.

2. That's funny, because I saw God.

Serg., fancygreen, sesita and 10 others like this.
  3. I love them both. I am living for her this era.

4. These two videos complement each other so well. The simplicity of the setups in Barbie Tingz with Nicki's attitude is perfect. It feels like a real throwback. Chun-Li is Nicki in all her over-the-top sex goddess glory, showing the rap AND pop girls how to do a video.

5. ONG wow I’m shook both videos are amazing yesssss Onika !!!

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    thequinntessential likes this.
  6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Who wants to join me in a prayer circle in hopes that the campaign doesn't go off the rails at the next soonest moment?

constantino, evilsin, Serg. and 26 others like this.
  7. Fucking incredible. She really is back.

8. [​IMG]

evilsin, Serg., fancygreen and 9 others like this.
  9. I’m really anxious to see the album cover.

10. Chung-Li's video is classic Steven Klein.

11. Same. I really hope we get the date and title + cover all next Friday.

12. Both are great.

Barbie Tingz (song and video) are a throwback to why I liked Nicki pre-breakthrough.

Chun-li is something slightly new from her and I want to hear more from this lane.

13. The light up version of the iconic Chun-Li dress.
    [​IMG]

constantino, evilsin, Serg. and 13 others like this.
  14. Just saw these. This is precisely what I crave from artists: an unyielding desire to immerse, transform, and mesmerize.

Within the grindhouse splendor of Chun-Li, there evokes a luxurious dread, magnifying Nicki with a delectable mixture of carnal godliness and glorious terror. Her sharpness, strength, and prestige are untouchable and unmatched against the encroaching mysticism; the kind of glittery monarch one wishes to befriend purely out of fear. On Barbie Tingz, however, the maddening kitsch feels surprisingly fresh and buoyant, seamlessly highlighting her macabre hilarity and appetite for the surreal. At once, with its stark minimalism and candy-coated decadence, it resembles an art-school soft-drink ad and something one would've stumbled upon late-night MTV in 1996.

As it were, both are marvelous displays of her brilliance, of showcasing her dominance and prominence. There is a sense of humor and fun deeply present, reminding one of the power that a Pop clip can inevitably contain. To me, these two are what it's all about.

15. The illustrated elements in Chun-Li are particularly amazing.

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  16. Both videos are fantastic and she looks like an absolute snack!

17. I like when big budget is put to a good use. Like here.

Mikal likes this.
  18. The Chun-Li video looks straight out of 2011 in the best way. Great video.

I still prefer Barbie Tingz as a song, but the video was so boring I didn't finish it.

19. “Barbie Tingz” video is very much an updated “Itty Bitty Piggy” which is fitting since it sounds like Mixtape Onika

20. Go back and watch her intensity at the end during the 'you hoes too old to be gossipin' bit!

Drew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.