Nicki Minaj - "Super Freaky Girl" + Queen Radio: Volume 1 | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - "Super Freaky Girl" + Queen Radio: Volume 1

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by VicePresidentJocasta, May 10, 2021.

1. I’m sure this will all go very smoothly.

2. Mariah has never won a VMA, should she not be recognised for her videography just cause she's never won?

Sam, beyoncésweave, JMRGBY and 20 others like this.
  3. Missy hadn't won a VMA since 2006 (for Visual Effects) and she still got the Vanguard in 2019. Christina and a handful of other artists are definitely overdue, but for several years it's been about getting people to tune in and usually goes to an artist who has something to launch. Missy is probably the one notable exception, and she got it because people – rightfully – demanded it. Nicki feels like a solid middle-ground between someone who is still commercially viable/can bring in viewers, but also has an eclectic and recognizable enough videography spanning pop and rap to make this justifiable.

If they were just going off of achievement in video, there'd be many people in line ahead of her.

4. More than anything the Vanguard is basically a tool they use to secure at least one marquee performer these days, especially considering the first round of performers they announced includes Panic At The Disco and Marshmello/Khalid.

5. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Speaking of Tricon, was it ever explained how/why Tricon came about instead of just giving Gaga the Vanguard that year?

6. Probably because it’s the only way she’d attend. They had offered her the Vanguard award a few times before.

collxtion, nooniebao and RainOnFire like this.
  7. A tricon… or a tricannot

8. How the hell is this not the cover?!

GimmeWork likes this.
  9. Queen Radio now being on an obscure Amazon app is so weird ddd. Especially when she probably had one of the bigger ones on Apple Music’s radio program.

10. The way this looks absolutely nothing like her..

Wishlight, RMK, happiestgirl and 4 others like this.
  11. I still wonder why she left Apple in the first place but I'm guessing Amazon threw a ton of $ at her to help launch the app. They released merch and have been promoting it non-stop. It does seem like a good setup for her fans, she's been popping on randomly the last few weeks leading up to the official launch tonight and I think it's a lot more interactive. She did a little show after OVO last weekend.

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Kii, the reason I missed this thread...

Wishlight and blaze_dave like this.
  13. Dr Luke AND Aaron Josephs?

She really doubled down on this one huh?

14. The snippet made it seem more exciting than it actually is. It doesn’t really go anywhere. Cute, but probably won’t be revisiting much unless it has a killer visual.

15. It’s bad.

16. Nicki giving SlutPop The Re-Up Reloaded from Luke and Aaron.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  17. It’s kind of rare for an artist as big as Nicki to release something so dated? It sounds straight out of 2013.

Wishlight, Grins and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  18. Why is "Super Freaky Girl" giving J. R. Rotem circa 2007?

I can't at Nicki recycling bars from her "Boss Ass Bitch" remix.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.