Nicki Minaj - "Tukoh Taka" (OUT NOW) | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - "Tukoh Taka" (OUT NOW)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by VicePresidentJocasta, May 10, 2021.

1. I like Bussin better than Problem, but both feel completely underwhelming and inessential to me. Even a throw away release like Yikes! was better than this. No temptations to even guilt bop along to these tracks. Her garbage antics have really soured me on her as a person, and if this is what the music is going to be like then, I'll pass.

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The way her stanbase is 96%...brainwashed. I posted in the last year about how her accomplishments can never be taken from her, as she's led female rap to where it is now. There's a wealth of artists now available, and much of that comes from her ability to meld the tropes of rap and pop together. Without Nicki, we'd have no Doja (and without Missy/Kim, there'd be no Nicki, but that's a line already established). But that reveals such a pitfall. People confuse her legacy's standing as reasoning to excuse how much of a shitty person she can be, and the false equivalencies that people make are just severely uncomfortable. In the realm of injustice/wrongness, it's the concept of being wrong which should be recognized. And this whole "well other rappers/celebrities do/have done it too" messaging is convenient.

I fully believe in affording people the space to grow and evolve, but I don't think it's sensible to extend that when they show they don't want to be better, they just want the benefits associated with being perceived as better. Highly talented individual, but I'm not sure there's much she could do at this point for me to ever listen to her music again.

GimmeWork, Mr Blonde, JMRGBY and 36 others like this.
  3. “A rap song” like hip hop isn’t far and away the most popular genre in the US. This chip on her shoulder djdbdjdhnd

aux and Jwentz like this.
  4. I know she's shook this debuted at #2. I'll be checking its position next week for research purposes.

GimmeWork and Txetxu like this.
  5. [​IMG]

I think it's time for an update huh?

VivaForever likes this.

6. Lowkey me if I was a pop star ddddd.

nooniebao likes this.
  7. Imagine getting read the house down by the city of Philadelphia…
    It’s more likely than you think…

Tabris, GimmeWork, papatrick and 22 others like this.
  8. Her response:

9. I feel like Nicki referring to herself in the third person in a tweet is always a bad sign for the content in the rest of said tweet

10. Honestly, Nicki tweeting in general is always a bad sign.

Tabris, Verandi, GimmeWork and 29 others like this.
  11. Philadelphia getting 133K likes to Nicki's 6K. Eye...

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The fact that Keisha Buchanan probably would like this tweet...

Rob, leedlelee... and nikkysan like this.
  13. Keisha’s anti-vax?!?

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

You got like 20 pages to review over in Comeback Corner...

15. ….I can’t believe we are in another chapter of the Nicki vaccine saga.

16. Just how comfortable do you think people in an intubator are lol

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

She’s literally dumb.

18. The saddest thing is that I really feel like she could have said nothing…

19. If this person wasn’t vaxxed by now, they were never going to be.

20. Darwinism is real.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.