Nicki Minaj - "Tukoh Taka" (OUT NOW) | Page 41 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - "Tukoh Taka" (OUT NOW)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by VicePresidentJocasta, May 10, 2021.

1. It's crazy how people were writing the obituary for her career a few years back as Cardi's fame grew. I even remember someone here blaming Tidal scammery (of all things) for the chart success she was still having. Like her or not, she's still a huge cultural force.

2. She hadn’t had a real hit in years though. And Queen was messy af.

3. Wikipedia update:

2022: Career meet and greet resurgence

Andrew likes this.
  5. The era is certainly living up to its name.

Andrew likes this.
  6. A quick post and delete on Nicki’s Instagram today:

sesita likes this.
  7. Stay in school Barbz!!

inevitable likes this.
  8. Teasing a new single sampling Super Freak.

soratami, GimmeWork and Vogue like this.
  9. A little derivative of Anaconda, but sounds like a smash.

ItBeats, bazayer, Mr Blonde and 2 others like this.
  10. I hear something...

Anaconda is her highest charting solo hit so I'm not mad at her going for something similar again, especially sampling a bop like Super Freak.

bazayer, GimmeWork and POPGASM like this.
  11. 3Xs

3Xs

Ddd Nicki about to get the gays back on board while Cardi is busy doing "masculine" music.

12. It’s giving very much Anaconda 2.0 but I’m not mad at that and it also sounds like something that would be a hit from that snippet .

thequinntessential and GimmeWork like this.
  13. Hopefully Nic doesn’t ruin this by throwing some men (outside of Rick James) on it

GimmeWork likes this.
  14. She liked a tweet asking if it was a solo song, so I don't think we need to worry about a feature. I'm more concerned about whether they have anything actually ready to drop (single cover/video, etc). Hopefully she doesn't waste the hype she has right now.

GimmeWork likes this.
  15. Yeah this sounds way better than anything post-Queen.

16. Her problematic antics have left me sour on her, but a Super Freak sample with her strong flow is enough to make me hate-bop the house down boots. I am only human.

She's truly diabolical.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  17. The F R EEEE A K part doesn't feel energetic enough in first snippet listen but should work just fine eventually.

18. I wonder if she was just sitting on this and waiting for Cardi to release something before announcing it nn

It does sound like a bop though, first time I'm actually looking forward to a Nicki song since Queen.

19. She mentioned during those radio interviews a few months back that she was sitting on a big single but said she didn't want to come back after a long hiatus with a sexual song that sounded like what the other girls were doing (this was at the peak of Big Energy smashing). She also liked this...

Also - justice for Seeing Green and Fractions, both of which were immaculate and slept on (understandable, given... everything she's been doing).

GimmeWork and soratami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.