Nicki Minaj - Yikes | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Yikes

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Oh Bed of Lies is awful. I still can’t believe it made it to the album (well, I can, but still)

2. The Crying Game is the best Nicki ballad I would say, yes? All Things Go is also strong.

RIP that.

3. The fact that she was performing Bed Of Lies all over the place when The Crying Game was right there...

4. Is Skylar Grey the most boring pop act of all time? Inquiring minds would like to know.

5. This one is excellent.

lemonsqueezyy and elektroxx like this.
  6. Not when Louis Tomlinson or Liam Payne exist!

7. Ddddd poor Skylar. She’s got a great voice and some truly wonderful songs to her name, but then there’s shit like Bed of Lies and C’mon Let Me Ride

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  8. Every time I think Skylar has finally fucked off she reappears on some terrible collab or Billboard article that somehow finds its way to me. Sis has to have dirt on someone because that's the only explanation.

9. Introduced me to the incredible Jessie Ware... best thing to come from Nicki for me, is Jessie

10. Va Va Voom is a great ballad.

londonrain, Rem, Mr Blonde and 19 others like this.
  11. I'm waiting for someone to do it as a ballad on The Voice, honestly

12. Honestly a harrowing lyric about infedility...glass found cut

Smooth Criminal and Andy French like this.
  13. Just met a boy, just met a boy when
    He can come inside of my playpen
    'Cause he look like a superstar in the making
    So I think that I'm going in for the taking
    Hear through the grapevine that he's cakin'
    We can shoot a movie he can do the tapin'
    Boom boom pow, this thing be shakin'
    I ain't even tryna find out who he datin'

[​IMG]

14. She's being honored at Billboard's Women in Music event with the Game Changer award this week for being the first woman to score 100 Hot 100 entries. She's been... frustrating the past few years. But at the end of the decade, it's pretty insane to look back on her output and how much she accomplished/how many doors she's broken down. Just this week she became the first female rapper (and third woman ever) to pass 15 Billion streams on Spotify.

15. Her new management have done well to book such an award at this stage.

RE: Bed of Lies, yes - it’s atrocious. I say this as someone who adores basically everything else on The Pinkprint. I deleted it on release week and I think I’ve listened to it all of about 5 times since.

16. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I was just thinking earlier about how awful Bed of Lies is. "Do you ever think of me when you lie, lie down in your bed, your bed of lies" is a damn humiliating lyric.

17. Not only that but that it was clearly meant to launch the album. A complete misfire.

18. Sis.

19. ? It is a fact she got new management.
    Got rid of her old team after the fiasco that was the European tour of Queen.
    Hence Megatron's nice little roll-out (shame the song wasn't it but alas).

Unless you were implying her management had nothing to do with the award, which I find hard to believe given that she's pretty much non-existent in the general conversation right now. There has to be some degree of lobbying.

20. Y'all talking about ballands and not mentioning this emotional jam

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.