Nicki Minaj - Yikes | Page 53 | The Popjustice Forum

Nicki Minaj - Yikes

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mikal, Jun 13, 2019.

1. It's better and more memorable than Megatron, but that's not really saying much.

2. In my mind, her Drag Race appearance marks the end of the should've-been-iconic Queen era.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  3. Yikes is...useless. Everything about it sounds so tired and phoned-in.

Vasilios likes this.
  4. The ending is a mess and a half. What was that random voice at the end? Was it a producer?

5. "Yikes" is throwaway but that chorus is, sadly, absolute dynamite. "I play tag and you it for life, yikes / You a clown, you do It for likes, yikes".... the levels.

6. I thought the thread title was just commentary on her decisions

7. This should be the permanent thread title.

fancygreen, McQueer, Tabris and 53 others like this.
  8. That intro is absolutely tiring.

Production is nice though, kind of cons you into thinking the song is better than it is. The thread title is perfect.

9. Why not both?

10. It was iconic just not for the music, only for the tantrums and power supply issues oh and that little issue of marrying a sex offender

11. 'Tusa' was predicted to rise from #51 to #48 on the Hot 100 this week and instead went and rose to #42.

It's also being sent to Pop Radio today and I need this to smash stateside.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  12. I really hope it won't reach #1 cause I'm petty.

13. Remember when I made you a Lil Tusie?

Mushroom likes this.
  14. 70% you, 30% these queens

15. WHY IS THE ONE FAG GETTING ALL OF HER IRE?? I'll never understand. She is summoning all of her strength and will to beat him...

16. I'm screaming.

Also, kii at her being at the show that Miley was walking in.

Verandi, GimmeWork and goatface3128 like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Ffff perhaps the most apt thread title ever?

18. Yikes debuts at #23 and Tusa holds at #42. She bests her own record as the female artist with the most Hot 100 entires (108). She broke her tie with Kanye West and is one entry away from tying Elvis overall.

Wishlight, Joli Chat, Island and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.