Nicola Roberts

S

sajjadali

Re: Nicola Roberts - Beat Of My Drum + Cinderella's Eyes (album)

TV airplay
No. 52
121 plays

Still not on the Radio airplay Top 100.

J

JackisCool

You know, I watched her interview Lady Gaga finally, and it just made me realise that these two women are on entirely different levels. It was like watching a child talk with an adult. I personally felt a little embarrassed for her. Anyone with me on this? It's not a 'Who is better' thing, I'm just talking about the interview. Anyone think it was at least quite awkward?

JackisCool said:
You know, I watched her interview Lady Gaga finally, and it just made me realise that these two women are on entirely different levels. It was like watching a child talk with an adult. I personally felt a little embarrassed for her. Anyone with me on this? It's not a 'Who is better' thing, I'm just talking about the interview. Anyone think it was at least quite awkward?
I think it was awkward, yes. Because Lady Gaga's interviews are always awkward as fuck. Because she acts like a twat in interviews, and tries to make everyone else look like an idiot. Ugh.

He / Him

I loved the interview with Gaga. I thought it was fun and girly, I would have said they were on the same level. Nicola made me warm to Gaga with the style of the interview if anything.

J

JackisCool

dominic spez said:
JackisCool said:
I think it was awkward, yes. Because Lady Gaga's interviews are always awkward as fuck. Because she acts like a twat in interviews, and tries to make everyone else look like an idiot. Ugh.

The part when she makes the joke about the guy of her dreams and Nicola says something along the lines of 'Haha, like, yeah, he could, like, you know, jump through the window'. And Lady Gaga says 'Ha.... Or through my brain'. That part was quite awkward.

My favourite bit was at the end when Nicola asked Gaga for advice on being a solo artist (or something like that) and she said "just go and buy a copy of Born This Way and workout to it in the gym". It was something along those lines but Gaga completely turned the question around to make one last shameless plug for the album. Hilarious.

JackisCool said:

Well Lady Gaga IS better than Nicola Roberts, don't be afraid to yell that out. The interview is awful because Nicola Roberts has no personality, whereas Lady Gaga has an amazing personality, so it just shows up how dull Nicola is. The Nicola "dreamed up" by popjustice is miles more interesting than the actual Nicola presented.

superglowy said:
The Nicola "dreamed up" by popjustice is miles more interesting than the actual Nicola presented.

I've not got anything against the girl, but this is so true. Like unbelievably so.

superglowy said:
The Nicola "dreamed up" by popjustice is miles more interesting than the actual Nicola presented.

Truer words, superglowy. Truer words.

I

itzkk96

Nicola Roberts is amazing and shits all over the other female British popstars at the moment.

itzkk96 said:
Nicola Roberts is amazing and shits all over the other female British popstars at the moment.

That's hardly high praise.

J

JackisCool

superglowy said:
JackisCool said:

Well Lady Gaga IS better than Nicola Roberts, don't be afraid to yell that out. The interview is awful because Nicola Roberts has no personality, whereas Lady Gaga has an amazing personality, so it just shows up how dull Nicola is. The Nicola "dreamed up" by popjustice is miles more interesting than the actual Nicola presented.

Glad you said it.

Although, that plug at the end was pretty shameless. Haha.

superglowy said:
JackisCool said:

I agree that Nicola has little to no personality... but Lady Gaga has a fucking horrible personality.

RUNAWAY

Staff member
he/him

So I had a dream this morning that I was on a stage, somewhere, and all of the Spice Girls were there lined up in a row, and Geri announces that Nicola Roberts is coming out. Nicola comes out and she turns to me, and into her microphone she announces that she's going to be collaborating with me on her next "project".
The dream immediately jumps to the top of this hill, and we’re writing songs on this perfect circle of grass on our stomachs, looking down the hill.

And then it ends.

It was awesome.

I don't think it's possible for any person to have 'little or no personality'. Everyone has a personality, it's a matter of whether you have an interesting or dull personality. It's funny because on Twitter, Nicola generally comes across as an interesting person, it just doesn't quite project when you actually see her on something. She doesn't have four other girls to hide behind anymore so I think that might change over time.

Scaper said:
I don't think it's possible for any person to have 'little or no personality'. Everyone has a personality, it's a matter of whether you have an interesting or dull personality. It's funny because on Twitter, Nicola generally comes across as an interesting person, it just doesn't quite project when you actually see her on something. She doesn't have four other girls to hide behind anymore so I think that might change over time.

Maybe she does not feel comfortable in front of the camera ? So she acts all weird.

It's weird because in the music video for "Beat Of My Drum" she seems to have plenty of charisma, at least enough to prevent the video from being a 'New In Town part deux,' but in interviews she indeed seems to be drier than a desert. I feel more second hand embarrassment from watching her being interviewed than Britney (and that's saying something).

I guess as long as the 'personality' translates to the music and the videos it doesn't really matter.

You can't use sarcasm when you're the interviewer and Nicola seems to be one of those people that can blurt out sarcastic jokes every 5 seconds. I think she has a lot of personality but not the expressive kind? Like those people who could tell funny sarcastic jokes and keep a straight face on.

I prefer Nicola to Lady Gaga for various reasons. I'm not afraid to admit this controversial opinon to you all! I also suspect Cinderella's Eyes has a very good chance of beating Born This Way in the PopJustce Albums Of 2011 poll...if it actually gets released! Everything I've read about Cinderella's Eyes thus far (and it isn't a great deal) suggests it is very, very strong British pop album.

We'll have to wait and see whether or not that's true. I'm quietly optimistic about it.