Nicola Roberts

G

graffiti my soul

Re: Nicola Roberts - Lucky Day (second single)

So is this confirmed? Interesting.

I wish she would confirm who produced this. Remember what 'Beat Of My Drum' was announced it was everywhere that it was produced by Diplo and Tikovoi. Is this one actually produced by Dragonette as originally rumored? If so, you'd think she would have mentioned that with the single announcement. It IS written by Tikovoi and Maya again, but there's still a chance Dragonette produced it.

It's produced by The Nicola herself.

Yes.

No.

Dragonette worked with Nicola!! What is this! My world imploded momentarily, I literally need to hear those right now in order to function.

Can not wait. I hope she waits a month or so longer before putting it out though. Beat Of My Drum hasn't been out long and a lot of people are only just starting to hear it.

Hmm. We'll see...

dominic spez said:
I wish she would confirm who produced this. Remember what 'Beat Of My Drum' was announced it was everywhere that it was produced by Diplo and Tikovoi. Is this one actually produced by Dragonette as originally rumored? If so, you'd think she would have mentioned that with the single announcement. It IS written by Tikovoi and Maya again, but there's still a chance Dragonette produced it.

Dragonette written, they did produce a version but not sure if this one she's been performing has had a bit of a reswizzle from someone else.

kill the DJ said:
dominic spez said:

Dragonette written, they did produce a version but not sure if this one she's been performing has had a bit of a reswizzle from someone else.
The writing credits for 'Lucky Day' say its written by Tikovoi and Maya, not Dragonette. I'd assume Tikovoi/Maya wrote it, and Dragonette produced it.

dominic spez said:
kill the DJ said:
dominic spez said:

The writing credits for 'Lucky Day' say its written by Tikovoi and Maya, not Dragonette. I'd assume Tikovoi/Maya wrote it, and Dragonette produced it.

I think thats another song called Lucky Day - this one is definitely Dragonette written. Its also registered on ASCAP if you wish to peruse.

kill the DJ said:
dominic spez said:
kill the DJ said:
dominic spez said:

I think thats another song called Lucky Day - this one is definitely Dragonette written. Its also registered on ASCAP if you wish to peruse.
Why would Nicola have two songs called 'Lucky Day?'

dominic spez said:
kill the DJ said:
dominic spez said:
kill the DJ said:
dominic spez said:

Because maybe she wrote one, and then recorded one which happened to have the same title? Anyway, its not worth getting into an endless debate about which I can see happening, so lets just see the credits when the single gets released.

dominic spez said:

Why would Kylie have 2 songs called Love at First Sight, or Closer?

I'm really having to restrain myself from listening to the low quality youtube clips of this, I want to hear it fresh and in all its HQ glory. It has HUGE potential.

Nicola is really turning out to be quite the pop diva,she's gotten so comfy on stage and has improved so much.Can't wait for Cinderella Eyes and Lucky Day!!!!!!!!!!!

S

sajjadali

Re: Nicola Roberts - Beat Of My Drum + Cinderella's Eyes (album)

This seems to be underperforming in my opinion this week even with the help of Paul O Grady, T4 on the Beach, Daybreak, the physical CD sales, the release of a remix EP and mass emailing to Girls Aloud fans mailing lists and it's still not top 40!

This is turning into yet another Pop-injustice.

It's done 25k in total, so with this week she can move pass over 30k but i think the label as a bare minimum considering the online ads, promotion and costs of music video and the fact that its a decent song would want at least 50,000 sales - ideally at least 100,000. As fans dont have the album yet i'd expect this to be doing better but the charts are so funny at the moment. A shame radio's not taken to it - i think they're just shunning Girls Aloud solo members now no matter how good their song is (except Cheryl).

Re: Nicola Roberts - Beat Of My Drum + Cinderella's Eyes (album)

Seanie, I know this is a long shot... But do you know if any of the James Ford songs made it onto the tracklist?