Nicola Roberts

Re: Nicola Roberts - Lucky Day (second single)

NicolaRoberts Nicola Roberts
The first play on Radio1 of 'Lucky Day' will be this Sunday between 7-9pm on the Tom Deacon show @TomDeaconComedy

he/him/his

I'm not too familiar with Tom Deacon Show. Is this a good programme to premiere a new single?

It's where most of the new pop singles get premièred. I feel it's not a good sign of her getting play-listed.

It tries to be a 'niche' show I suppose, it's the Pop show of the week. I tend to find artists are played on the show instead of being play-listed throughout the week.

L

lindsayblowhan

Re: Nicola Roberts - Cinderella's Eyes (album) + General Discussion

Kirkland said:
Crafty said:
graffiti my soul said:
I think the Fish Out of Water song will be annoyingly about her solo career.

I'm sure it will. Can't wait heheh!

Unless it's a reject from the Piranha 3D soundtrack.

This is probably going to be a confessional album but I welcome that from Nicola. I think she's interesting, there's just something about her that seems so unlikely as a popstar, even when she first got into Girls Aloud it seemed so unreal. She wouldn't be chosen by a record label and yet she was thrust into a pop career. She's bound to be things to say! Where best to say them than on her solo album?

Reject? What are you talking about, it's the theme song for Piranha 3DD!

But yes, 100% with you. Plus, if Adele is able to have an album about having her clogged heart broken by a single guy, I'm sure Nicola having an album featuring songs about several, varying insecurities and shit times wont be a problem. It's irritating to me when people box these songs, they may have a general theme in common but their actual subject matter is going to be completely different.

M

MonsterAloud

Umm... BUMP. How did this get so many pages away. We must continue to recognize the amazingness of this girls solo career thus far. And about this new single which SLAYS.

We do, MonsterAloud, and once she releases the album I'm sure she'll have pages and pages of endless praise.

Remember people, 'Lucky Day' is premiering tonight on Radio 1 between 7pm and 9pm!

Davidavies said:
Remember people, 'Lucky Day' is premiering tonight on Radio 1 between 7pm and 9pm!

Will Radio 1 actually playlist it though? I never listen to Radio 1 anyway; I used to be a regular listener to at least two radio shows on it, but the last time I really got to grips with it was for the premiere of The Promise.

(The forum was insane that night!)

Kirkland said:
Davidavies said:

Will Radio 1 actually playlist it though? I never listen to Radio 1 anyway; I used to be a regular listener to at least two radio shows on it, but the last time I really got to grips with it was for the premiere of The Promise.

(The forum was insane that night!)

I'm not overly bothered if they playlist it or not, I'm just glad we'll be getting a HQ listen of it, instead of the leaked version, plus it means we're closer to the video, and the album!

She's just announced it will NOT be on air on sale. Right?

Ttoby said:
Well its out September 18th and its on the radio tonight. We already knew that...

Ttoby said:
I hope it isn't.. I dont want it to be a clusterfuck that was Dance To The Beat Of My Drum

Nicola suggests from her tweet today that Lucky Day will have both a digital and phyical release but on the same day of 18 September 2011.

Song gets it debut on radio 1 today between 7-9pm on the Tom Deacon show.

So On air/On sale well and truely dead.

Nicola did indicate that there will be a physical release along with the download version on 18 September.

Is the Album out like a week later?

So lots of promo in five weeks time?

Emurock said:
Nicola did indicate that there will be a physical release along with the download version on 18 September.

Is the Album out like a week later?

So lots of promo in five weeks time?
Her twitter claims 'Cinderella's Eyes' is out in Autumn 2011. So... if it was out a week later than 'Lucky Day,' they would've said that, I believe.

Christ in a canoe! Sorry I was late on knowing about Lucky Day's release strategy in time. Anyway, I think it's a great idea, but I'm incredibly bummed Drum didn't get the same treatment. Sad snowball effect, methinks.

Ttoby said:
Christ in a canoe!

Ha, amazing. I foresee myself saying this in real life.

Sorry I was late on knowing about Lucky Day's release strategy in time. Anyway, I think it's a great idea, but I'm incredibly bummed Drum didn't get the same treatment. Sad snowball effect, methinks.

Agreed. If nothing else (to be redundant to the thread), it was especially sad because of how 'risky' "'Drum" is/was. I can only hope that "Lucky Day" will fare better. (I can't be the only one with a cramp from crossing my fingers. GO, UNDERDOG PALE GIRL. GO.)