Nicole Scherzinger - Wet (4th Single)

Someboy said:
33 is not that old!

Sorry, just looking through the pages of the thread here and I have to agree!
It was the same when people were saying: 'Well, obviously Britney isn't going to dance as well now - she's 29!!!!1!'

Seriously, if I'm stiff when I'm 29, then I might just kill myself! Nicole (being the heinously old age of 33) proves that yes, by that grand old age, you can still dance. J. Lo agrees with me too.

Osiris said:
I really don't get the positive feedback the video is getting. I felt it was poorly directed and uneventful. The girl can dance so focus on that (see the Right Here video).

I agree. Honestly it happens alot with Nicole. People constantly praise her for everything she does. I love Nicole with all my heart but these ass licking fans need to calm down. It's getting really annoying.

s2daam said:
Osiris said:
I really don't get the positive feedback the video is getting. I felt it was poorly directed and uneventful. The girl can dance so focus on that (see the Right Here video).

I agree. Honestly it happens alot with Nicole. People constantly praise her for everything she does. I love Nicole with all my heart but these ass licking fans need to calm down. It's getting really annoying.

Eh I actually couldn't disagree more. Nicole gets slated constantly, and recieves very little praise.

Lauri2592 said:
s2daam said:
Osiris said:

Eh I actually couldn't disagree more. Nicole gets slated constantly, and recieves very little praise.

Oh.. I meant as in her fanbase. I know people slate her constantly.. it's disgusting for how talented she is. But I mean I see her fans constantly praise her and think everything she does is amazing.

An example is with Right There's chart positioning in the U.S. They were saying the chart position was absolutely fantastic, when in reality it was poor. Sure it's great considering her past U.S efforts, but people still know who she is. She isn't a brand new artist. Yet other artists were "flopping" because they weren't in the Top 20.

Honestly though, I need to sort myself out. Sometimes I act more like a hater than a fan :P

She/her
But there's a lot of members than aren't especially "fan" of her. They just like her. What's the problem ? There's no fans "over licking" or anything. You don't like it, fine, but it might correspond to the taste of some other members. (as if it might not, too !)

You have to agree that the video isn't "bad". It's not like she was standing on a front a white screen, sitting on a chair and singing. So, the fact that people like it, it's not "praising her too much". You can find things you don't like, that's for sure. But if there's people liking the video, it's not anything surprising, or some "stanning". It's just people really liking it.

That said, I agree with the Right There position in the US charts. Personally, I said it was "great-okay" because of her past experiences....But it's true, it's not amazing at all.

s2daam said:
Lauri2592 said:
s2daam said:
Osiris said:

Oh.. I meant as in her fanbase. I know people slate her constantly.. it's disgusting for how talented she is. But I mean I see her fans constantly praise her and think everything she does is amazing.

An example is with Right There's chart positioning in the U.S. They were saying the chart position was absolutely fantastic, when in reality it was poor. Sure it's great considering her past U.S efforts, but people still know who she is. She isn't a brand new artist. Yet other artists were "flopping" because they weren't in the Top 20.

Honestly though, I need to sort myself out. Sometimes I act more like a hater than a fan

Oh my bad, I misunderstood.

But I do the same thing, I don't want to be one of these crazy stans so I go too far the other way.

A decent video that'll do the job. Also thank fuck that finally we have a video with proper choreography. DHYB could have benefitted from a video with this much energy.

breakfast2 said:
kpopfan26 said:
So when's the video going up on Vevo?

4 days ago?

the video was uploaded 4 days ago but was private and is viewable since 2 days only.

Btw this is #27 on iTunes without promo, airplay or official release. lol @ people saying this isn't a good single choice.

Chaystic said:
Btw this is #27 on iTunes without promo, airplay or official release. @ people saying this isn't a good single choice.

It doesn't change the fact that the song is generic. Last time I checked sales didn't equal quality.

Osiris said:
Last time I checked sales didn't equal quality.

Then why didn't anybody talk about quality when she wasn't selling? If she's not selling she's a flop, if she is selling she's still a flop?

Wet is my favourite single from this campaign so far - it is so much fun!

I just want Cold to turn up at some point now...

He/Him
There is generic done right and generic done wrong.

This marks everything right for me.

I know that's only an opinion but this song is going to sell, and it's going to sell because people are going to like it. That's the point of a single is it not?

Anyway, I agree that the video is decent, up until the dance routine in the pool and such I was feeling extremely underwhelmed however!

Glitter22 said:
Osiris said:

Then why didn't anybody talk about quality when she wasn't selling? If she's not selling she's a flop, if she is selling she's still a flop?

Exactly wtf is wrong with people? She can never satisfy y'all and you know why because at the end of the day y'all are just haters, y'all are bashing her when she flops & y'all are bashing her when she does well...

and @Osiris has posted so many negative things in this thread it's just like move on already

daneosullivan said:
Is this album getting a re release?
I'm holding off on buying it just in case.

Not sure, there will probably be a 5th single after all the successfull singles, so maybe you have to wait even longer if there is even a re-release at all

Surely they'll fly her over to The X-Factor live shows for a bit of cross/self-promotion, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a re-release to go along with that, but I'm purely guessing.

Chaystic said:
Glitter22 said:
Osiris said:

Exactly wtf is wrong with people? She can never satisfy y'all and you know why because at the end of the day y'all are just haters, y'all are bashing her when she flops & y'all are bashing her when she does well...

and @Osiris has posted so many negative things in this thread it's just like move on already

Last time I checked, this wasn't the "let's lick Nicole's arse, back & forth" fan forum. I'm just stating my opinion.

For the record, I never called Nicole a "flop" and couldn't care less about how she's doing. However, I do care about the quality of her output because I bought her album and wasn't satisfied by it. She has yet to top "Poison".

By the way, you really need to learn how to use caps and read the forum rules about abbreviations, "y'all'.