Nicole Scherzinger - Wet (4th Single)

Osiris said:
Chaystic said:
Glitter22 said:
Osiris said:
Last time I checked sales didn't equal quality.

Then why didn't anybody talk about quality when she wasn't selling? If she's not selling she's a flop, if she is selling she's still a flop?

Exactly wtf is wrong with people? She can never satisfy y'all and you know why because at the end of the day y'all are just haters, y'all are bashing her when she flops & y'all are bashing her when she does well...

and @Osiris has posted so many negative things in this thread it's just like move on already

Last time I checked, this wasn't the "let's lick Nicole's arse, back & forth" fan forum. I'm just stating my opinion.

For the record, I never called Nicole a "flop" and couldn't care less about how she's doing. However, I do care about the quality of her output because I bought her album and wasn't satisfied by it. She has yet to top "Poison".

By the way, you really need to learn how to use caps and read the forum rules about abbreviations, "y'all'.

You did state your opinion once but then you kept coming to the thread and repeating yourself, you won't change people's opinion move on. and I honestly couldn't care less the public is praising it your opinion doesn't matter to me anyway.

Mr.Arroz said:
Y'all is actually in the dictionary... People (maybe not in France) do use it.

I was referring to the use of wtf, btw and @. No need to be condescending...

Looks like you can't have a different opinion anymore on this forum without being called a "hater".

Orange said:
There is generic done right and generic done wrong.

This marks everything right for me.

I know that's only an opinion but this song is going to sell, and it's going to sell because people are going to like it. That's the point of a single is it not?

I understand what you mean. A 'generic done right' record for me is one that, okay, might not break the barriers in achieving a new sound or direction, but is pretty much universally liked and has an element which distinguishes itself from being bog-standard. Records like 'Wet/Only Girl' and 'Till The World Ends' fill this criteria for me. 'Generic done wrong' is a record that, to me, seems like it's literally just fell off a factory line and has no attempt in it to try and distinguish it from its peers, or give it additional personality or musicality - sorry David Guetta and most of your recent 'musical' outpourings.

EnsnareTheSenses said:
Orange said:

I know that's only an opinion but this song is going to sell, and it's going to sell because people are going to like it. That's the point of a single is it not?

I understand what you mean. A 'generic done right' record for me is one that, okay, might not break the barriers in achieving a new sound or direction, but is pretty much universally liked and has an element which distinguishes itself from being bog-standard. Records like 'Wet/Only Girl' and 'Till The World Ends' fill this criteria for me. 'Generic done wrong' is a record that, to me, seems like it's literally just fell off a factory line and has no attempt in it to try and distinguish it from its peers, or give it additional personality or musicality - sorry David Guetta and most of your recent 'musical' outpourings.

I agree, generic done wrong to me is Pixie Lott "All About Tonight".

Someboy said:
Surely they'll fly her over to The X-Factor live shows for a bit of cross/self-promotion, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a re-release to go along with that, but I'm purely guessing.

I think that is the plan alright. There's apparently new tracks for the American version of the album, which will constitute the re-release here. If that's true, it's a pretty smart move.

citoig said:
I think that is the plan alright. There's apparently new tracks for the American version of the album, which will constitute the re-release here. If that's true, it's a pretty smart move.

Hopefully she removes some of those hardcore filler tracks. "You Will Be Loved" is dreadful. I want to see tracks like that gone. Though I hope she just doesn't simply remove the filler and replace it with more "American" sounding filler. She has a chance to really touch up the album and complete it through these new tracks. I'm also hoping for a better album cover. If she does those two things I'll definitely buy a CD copy of it.

And people shouldn't get too upset on where it is on iTunes now. It has time to pick up. Lingering in the charts isn't necessarily good for chart positions when it's far beforehand. You want it to be lingering on iTunes around a week before the release, not this early.

He/Him
EnsnareTheSenses said:
Orange said:

This is exactly what I was getting at! And I agree with all those examples as well. David Guetta needs to just stop existing.... he is becoming unbearable.

flapjack- said:
citoig said:

Hopefully she removes some of those hardcore filler tracks. "You Will Be Loved" is dreadful. I want to see tracks like that gone. Though I hope she just doesn't simply remove the filler and replace it with more "American" sounding filler. She has a chance to really touch up the album and complete it through these new tracks. I'm also hoping for a better album cover. If she does those two things I'll definitely buy a CD copy of it.

And people shouldn't get too upset on where it is on iTunes now. It has time to pick up. Lingering in the charts isn't necessarily good for chart positions when it's far beforehand. You want it to be lingering on iTunes around a week before the release, not this early.

No! 'You Will Be Loved' is amazing, so breezy and catchy! 'AmenJena', 'Desperate' and the duet with Sting can get lost though.

As I mentioned before, I'm still waiting to get my copy of the album because I know this is the kind of record that gets re-released to death with infinity bonus tracks and a Limited Edition inflatable Nicole doll. I'll sit down until this era ends.

She/her
I like YWBL too. It's not single material, but it's a great album track.

However, Wet is #38 on today's chart.

She/her
She got an official release.
Wet is released the 29th (or 28th ... ) August, actually.

But yeah, since the airplay radio and TV is doing quite well for now, it's selling a bit, from the album version.

Anyone know if there are gonna be any mixes to this or when it's properly out - I know it's charting, but isn't that just based on the album version?

zephyr said:
Anyone know if there are gonna be any mixes to this or when it's properly out - I know it's charting, but isn't that just based on the album version?
It's officially out this week (August 29th). I hope it at least goes Top 10, I think it was only just outside the Top 20 in the midweeks yesterday.

Thanks.... so if its out where's the digital ep or single or what have you? Or is there not going to be one?