Nighty Night | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Nighty Night

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by inanotherlife, Mar 29, 2009.

1. “Starting to feel depressed now myself Karen!”
    Is a line I use regularly, but nothing else from Series 2.

sfmartin likes this.
  2. ‘How many of those have you had, Sue?’ is something the oh and I say to each other on a regular basis whenever we demolish a box of Jaffa cakes.

Iconic show.

3. There are some good quotes from the second series but it’s not a patch on the first.

bonnieetclyde and Andrew.L like this.
  4. If you like podcasts, check out Dear Joan and Jericha (which is Julia Davis and Vicki Pererdine.) Hilarious.

2014 and stuaw like this.
  5. My favourite part of this scene will always be how she tells Cathy that she's "been spoiled today" despite having asked for reimbursement for everything she's spent haha! And then it just gets worse as it goes on.

Jill really is one of the greatest comedy characters ever created. There was a time (just after it aired) that I really preferred series 2. It really does have some great moments, but series 1 is definitely the superior series.

Lander, 2014, stuaw and 1 other person like this.
  6. Series 1 is classic, but series 2 really upped the ante. Jill moonlighting as Floella Umbagabe ("we've had some terrible summers"), Natalie's ad hoc nose job, Glenn looking like a burnt Ken Dodd, Jill's attempts to get pregnant, eventual fake pregnancy and subsequent birth, being chased up a hill carrying a toffee apple while Dolly's Jolene plays ... it's all so bloody deranged.

Neither is a patch on Nighty Night, but Julia Davis' Camping and Sally4Ever are both worth a watch.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  7. Human Remains is well worth a watch too.

stuaw, sfmartin and bonnieetclyde like this.
  8. Myself and a colleague who went through a psychotherapy training course quoted this scene back to each other in our role plays when no one was paying attention. I still say "it's tricky" "quite tricky" to people even now. Julia Davis is just a comedy genius.

Lander, 2014, Remorque and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.