Nik Kershaw

Yeah the two B Sides, the excellent When I Grow Up and the ok My Friend John, the 12s of One Step Ahead and Elizabeth’s Eyes. Just leaves the infamous re-recorded single mix of One World from the Jap The Collection CD and the Club Dub of Elizabeth’s Eyes, vinyl only. It would be great to get the original Peter Wolf album as I think it was tinkered with, but fat chance!

Looks like this:

MC00MDIyLmpwZWc.jpeg

But without getting the CD out, not sure it's a Made In Japan one. My rear cover rules out it being one of the other UK/EU versions.

I'd assumed Progress was on the Riddle 2CD, being the B-side to the single, but of course it isn't. So now I have a decision to make.

Do I put it on Human Racing, or think about making my own Riddle SDE and putting it there.

Nik would say neither as he hates it and wants to recolour his past regardless of fan view. Ooh get me. It was played on the Human Racing tour.

Oxymoron on vinyl appears to have virtually disappeared. Bizarre promotion, limited copies, one single, forgotten by Christmas 21..

Nik would say neither as he hates it and wants to recolour his past regardless of fan view. Ooh get me. It was played on the Human Racing tour.

Oxymoron on vinyl appears to have virtually disappeared. Bizarre promotion, limited copies, one single, forgotten by Christmas 21..
Wow! I see what you mean. The 2 vinyl editions are practically nowhere to be seen on either eBay or discogs. Think I only have the coke coloured vinyl. They must really have been released in limited numbers. The album didn't chart in top 100 did it.

Wow! I see what you mean. The 2 vinyl editions are practically nowhere to be seen on either eBay or discogs. Think I only have the coke coloured vinyl. They must really have been released in limited numbers. The album didn't chart in top 100 did it.
I have seen the coke coloured one go for 600 quid....

I have seen the coke coloured one go for 600 quid....
Sweet Jesus! Nik should reprint some and start flogging on eBay to boost his bank balance.

I wish he'd consider releasing his download only 'songs from the shelf' on cd and vinyl. I'm so old fashioned that unless it's released on a physical format I can't muster the enthusiasm to listen to it (a bit like Susanna Hoff's latest solo covers album which is streaming only).

Ah! Yes I remember now, they're being split into volumes. I may wait.

BTW, see a 1984 live download of a gig in Germany. Any good? This might be worth using for my Human Racing deluxe, if so.