Niki & The Dove - 'Everybody's Heart Is Broken Now' (2nd Studio Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Niki & The Dove - 'Everybody's Heart Is Broken Now' (2nd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kill the DJ, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Wow, two songs only? Well as long as DJ, Ease My Mind is the single. The artwork is pretty, though.

2. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Well colour me dissapointed. I'm surprised though, as there's a few live tracks knocking about. Such as Bells,The Beach, Fast Economy.

3. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Sad.

4. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Also hate the lazy self-title. Why is there 7 month difference between the last EP and this if there is just 2 new songs. This has admittedly got me a bit angry.

5. Guest member

Guest member Guest

Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Disappointing track listing or not, I'll still be buying this.

6. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Well the only songs of their's (is it a band or? Damn you Florence) that I've heard are DJ Ease My Mind and Under The Bridges so I don't mind this but the tracklist of old songs and the self-titled album (DON'T HAVE A SELF-TITLED ALBUM IF YOUR NAME IS A MOUTHFUL) does seem rather lazy.

7. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

There is no incentive for me to fork out a further £7.99 or whatever it is, when I already own the majority of the album that i've already purchased over two EPs and a single. GET BACK IN THE STUDIO.

8. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

They might as well just call it Greatest Hits. Can't get over it.

9. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Maybe they want to get out an album quickly to ride on the coattails of BBC's list.
    Although that would be weird since it's only released in may.

Why may ?

They could easily record more songs in the 5 months to come.

10. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

The vocalist is even more irritating than Marina.

11. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Me too. To be honest, I would have hated if DJ Ease My Mind, Under the Bridges, Mother Protect, The Fox, Gentle Roar, The Drummer and Last Night were not on the album 'cause they're all amazing.

It's actually 3 new songs, Somebody was only released as a live version.

12. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

The drum machine version was live? Anyway, you're right in regard to their brilliant tracks desering to be brought to the album, but we could of had 14 songs, no? Hopefully DJ is coming with some new bsides.

13. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

yes, it's live. I agree, 14 tracks will be so much better, i'm hoping for a deluxe edition or some b-sides at least.

What i don't get is why May? The record is obviously ready, five months wait? I don't get it.

14. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Beautiful artwork and I'm happy with the tracklist as I've never bothered getting any of their stuff yet and only know a couple of songs. Don't like the release date though.

15. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

I didn't know Malin wrote There Is Still Hope with the Sound Of Arrows on their album. Her magical voice also can be heard in the background, like in the 'never go, never go' parts. Fantastic track!

I hope she writes with a few other acts then. She brings her magic everywhere.

The name of the album is fine. I don't like self-titled albums when they're just names of a person but in this case the name of the band is the name of the show, like a book or a tale, Niki isn't a member, nothing else could have worked as well.
    I'm very surprised there is no kind of intro though, I expected the stunning Bells as one but shorter than the live. There's likely a deluxe version but if I had my way I would just put The Drummer EP as Disc 2 and only keep Mother Protect on the album.

16. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Just back from the gig in Bethnal Green which I loved.

Their sound is so anthemic I think they would suit a bigger venue but the intimate room tonight was a treat.

It was a lovely mix of Adam & the Ants, Cyndi Lauper, A-ha, Florence & the Machine and Bjork.

They seemed so pleased to be there. Utterly charming.

There were free glow-sticks. Very Coldplay.

9/10

17. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Album has been named "Instinct":

[​IMG]

18. Guest member

Guest member Guest

Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Fantastic news! Could someone please change the thread's title then? The new artwork is amazing. "Tomorrow", one of the two previously announced new tracks, will be released as the second single. Hopefully all these changes mean they have added more new tracks as well.

19. Re: Niki & The Dove - Niki & The Dove (Album)

Much better album title but I liked the old artwork too. I want both!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.