Nina Persson - Animal Heart | The Popjustice Forum

Nina Persson - Animal Heart

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by AceReject, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Nina Persson has a new solo album that she's releasing under her own name, instead of A Camp, which is due for release in January 2014.

I've always loved The Cardigans but have struggled to get along with either of her A Camp albums. I'm hoping this release will be in a slightly new direction, it's hard to tell from this short video but it certainly sounds a little bit more pop which can only be a good thing in my book.

It'll be great to have her back!

[video=youtube_share;mPrfan5V10A]http://youtu.be/mPrfan5V10A[/video]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

I love The Cardigans so much and I have been known to kill off entire days listening to Romeo & Juliet OST and their (The Cardigans) Singles collection. A Camp always left me cold but if Nina can filter the pop tastiness of her band into her solo career...I'll be there for her.

3. A&E

A&E

Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

Yes! I'm so happy about this, The Cardigans' Long Gone Before Daylight is probably my favourite album of all time and I liked A Camp a lot (particularly the first album but Colonia had its moments as well). I assume we'll hear a new single before the end of the year?

4. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

I loved A Camp's second album....more than some Cardigans albums.

5. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Queen etc

6. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

Oh Vas, our A Camp gig memories...

7. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

I LOVE Colonia too, but not as much as I love Long Gone Before Daylight and Super Extra Gravity. Yes, I'm very excited and grateful - she's amazing in every aspect and every work she puts her hands on, but what I really really want is a Cardigans new album. I'd die for it.

8. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Haha you remember! I was mega shy! And also, duct tape.

9. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

The second A Camp album is the shit. Brilliant from start to finish. I can't wait to hear more from Nina!

10. A&E

A&E

I need to relisten to Colonia, seeing as the only track I remember is "Love Has Left the Room" (which I adore) but at the time of its release I was disappointed with the rest and subsequently forgot about it.

I loved Super Extra Gravity but it was also a soundtrack to some hard times and I can't really listen to anything from it now. At the same time, I don't really know why the same sad times made me love Long Gone Before Daylight even more. The maxi single for "You're the Storm" was the first CD I ever bought.

11. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

I loved the first A Camp album but never got into the 2nd one. I like the idea of a new album from Nina but woud much rather a new Cardigans album. Are The Cardigans done?

12. A&E

A&E

They reunited for a couple of festival gigs last summer but weren't planning to work on new material if I recall correctly.

13. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

One of my favourite voices in pop. Hopefully she'll bring something uptempo, the best Cardigans moments had a bit of energy.

14. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

I love Carnival. There's something so liberating in that song. I just float away with joy whenever I hear it. And Lovefool should have been #1 for years.

15. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

The Cardigans (and Saint Etienne) are the sound of my late teens/early twenties, I know all the albums inside out. I still think Emmerdale is the best thing they've done, it's so effortless and care-free. The only album I don't like by them is Super Extra Gravity, I struggle to even remember any of the songs from it, it felt devoid of The Cardigans charm.

Someone recently told me about Righteous Boy, which is Magnus Sveningsson's (the fit one!) solo project. I'd recommend it to any Cardigans fans, it sounds very First Band On The Moon era but with male vocals.

16. A&E

A&E

I love Magnus' "Loved Among Friends". Peter Svensson had a nice side project with Joakim Berg from Kent called Paus (with Swedish lyrics), I think "Chock" was my favourite but I haven't listened to them in ages.

17. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

First Band On The Moon is their only album I really don't like.

18. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

Um, the fit one was clearly Peter Svensson. I was really disappointed when I googled Magnus and saw it was him. I thought you'd meant Peter instead. Now I'm not illegally downloading his album, I'm pissed off.

19. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Some days Long Gone Before Daylight seems like the best album ever.

20. Re: Nina Persson (lead singer of The Cardigans) - New Solo Album 2014

Peter is fit too! To be honest I fancy all of them apart from the blonde guy. The Hanging Around video is when they looked the best, especially Peter looking sleazy on the park bench. But yeah, Magnus has always been my fave and Nina is a stunner too of course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.