Nina - Sleepwalking (debut album)/Synthian (new album 5 June 2020) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Nina - Sleepwalking (debut album)/Synthian (new album 5 June 2020)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Apr 20, 2016.

1. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

blod, Island and backstreetjoe like this.
  2. It's because the legendary Ricky Wilde co-wrote and co-produced!

Island and SockMonkey like this.
  3. This sounds great. I do kind of wish I could hear Kim on this one though. Her vocals on this would no doubt be amazing. Nina's vocals are sometimes a little too 'soft' for me on certain songs where I feel the track could be elevated by a tad more 'grit'. Am looking forward to checking out the whole album later though.

4. This is SUCH an impeccable collection of songs, finding it almost impossible to pick a favourite.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  5. Island

Island Staff Member

6. Island likes this.
  7. Just ordered the CD... I’m old school.... Only 500 will be pressed I believe?

8. Ohhhh, Let me check this out!

backstreetjoe likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

10. Island

Island Staff Member

The Calm Before the Storm's melody in the verses is very close to Jessie Ware's Wildest Moments.

11. Andy French and johnny_tsunami like this.
  12. Did you like the album?

13. Can't stop listening to this album, think i prefer it to her debut. Runaway, Unnoticed and The Calm Before The Storm is such a strong track sequence. Pre-ordered the CD this morning.

14. I discovered her thanks to @backstreetjoe and the synthwave thread. I picked it up on Bandcamp's fundraiser Friday and I have been enjoying it immensely. It will be the perfect soundtrack for this melancholic summer.

15. Genuinely thrilled you are all loving this. I've had the album on repeat all weekend and it just gets better with every listen. The production takes it up a notch from the debut for me and there is not a wasted moment, note etc - it's perfection.

16. Thank you @backstreetjoe for your persistence in stanning Nina, I am playing the CD on repeat. It is so good and I would never have discovered her otherwise.

There is so much new synthpop out there which is why we need @backstreetjoe to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.