Nintendo | Page 122 | The Popjustice Forum

Nintendo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tea, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Not my 90% portable then fff

2. My most played this year was, no surprise, Animal Crossing at over 400hrs.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  3. Indie showcase starting in 10 minutes if anyone's interested

BubblegumBoy and tea like this.
  4. Sea of Stars looks really nice! Shame it's only being released one year from now.

5. Me, a Switch Lite girl, acting shocked that I played 100 % in handheld mode:
    [​IMG]

My top three games were Animal Crossing (not exactly surprising), Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (not at all surprising), and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee (ddd).

eatyourself, Rob, LPMA and 10 others like this.
  6. 82% portable babayyyyy.

7. 297 hours portable, 17 docked nn

also v excited Chicory is coming to Switch today.

HeartSwells likes this.
  8. Same, they glossed over it so quick nn.

Been wanting to give Omori a try, Sea of Stars looks cute.

9. Rob

Rob

100% docked, really taking advantage of Switch's portability.

10. Yeah same, I'm always docked!

11. Docking is hot.

12. RJF

RJF

chuggaconroy's Xenoblade 2 Let's Play coming to an end after nearly two years.

13. Speaking of. The Xenogay 2 composer is working on this, Chrono Trigger inspired so a fair amount of hype

aaronhansome and soratami like this.
  14. Finally finished my first run-through of Shin Megami Tensei 5 (Neutral Ending, if anyone was wondering).

It's been discussed across the internet, but the game starts super strong and loses a bit of steam by the final open area. At that point there's a pretty giant level spike (even if you follow the route that the game guides you toward–even after clearing the abscesses and exploring/battling for a while I was still a few levels from where I should've been for the bosses) and the plot sort of just... decides to get to the end. I also did not realize I was fighting my route's final boss until the credits started rolling.

Overall though, the game's an absolute behemoth gameplay-wise outside of weird level scaling in the final areas. I hope this bigger transition to the HD era for SMT has given the team the base to put out new entries quicker.

15. Like other platforms, the final update is now on Switch. Seriously...if you haven't given this game a shot, you are missing out on a very beautiful experience.
    The vocal rendition of the games theme at the ending of this trailer made me ball again, a MESS.

BubblegumBoy and soratami like this.
  16. Finally dove into Metroid Dread over the last two nights! The Kraid boss fight absolutely made me wish for the sweet release of death at moments.

17. I'm finally back in this after finishing up Skyward Sword and just losing interest in Brilliant Diamond womp womp and lmao god, the actual CHALLENGE. I've just been grinding and feeling like I'm not even bothering to progress the story but still enjoying it.

Wishlight, Jonathan27 and smellycat like this.
  18. It's interesting in this one that because they've stripped out dungeons (outside of about two of them) in favor of four massive open areas, it can feel like you're making no tangible progress for days on end. It also doesn't help that there's even less story/cutscenes than usual for the series. In Nocturne and 4, you'd be blazing through dungeons successively which made you more obviously feel like you're progressing in the campaign.

The gameplay (battle and exploration) in 5 are stellar. I do think the transition to a full HD map and 3D graphics from the 3DS series was a larger hurdle and more transitional moment for the team, and I'm hoping it means future iterations of the series have the main infrastructure laid out now so they can build more on them.

aaronhansome and Mr Blonde like this.
  19. New Switch owner here, and I would like for some recommendations.

First what would be the best Mario Party game to play with someone who is absolutely new to videogames, whether it's a kid or an adult? As far as I know Super Mario Party is more accessible with the controls, but Mario Party Superstars is the better game.

20. I can't help you with Mario Party unfortunately, but:
    • Animal Crossing
    • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
    • Zelda: Breath of the Wild and/or Link's Awakening
    • Super Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread

Jonathan27 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.