Nintendo | Page 145 | The Popjustice Forum

Nintendo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tea, Nov 3, 2020.

1. No Rabbids news with the game coming out this year?! make it make sense

soratami likes this.
  2. Those environments! GameFreak should be ashamed.

Rob and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  3. I thought that's what the Mario Strikers trailer was for the first few seconds actually. It is kinda suprising it wasn't shown, but hopefully we'll get more info and a release date in the next Direct.

CaliDevotion likes this.
  4. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Yeah, this one was an enormous miss for me. Swiitch Sports was the only thing that really got me excited. I know it probably wasn’t but the whole Direct really felt like a PR move in the wake of the GilvaSunner controversy.

And the MK8D DLC is…villain arc material. Not counting Tour, the “newest” tracks in the series are seven years old. Most are older. I really cannot get excited about the prospect of yet more old shit.

XXX, nikkysan, Wills and 1 other person like this.
  5. We XenoLGBTQIA+’s are eating good this September, poor everyone else.

E0DB98E0-EED3-4300-95BD-414AC36065FE.gif

6. Rabbids are too busy being shoved into an NFT game right now

Rob likes this.
  7. Finally I get a chance to play Chrono Cross. I hope Square finally worked out how to scale up those pre-rendered backgrounds so they don’t look like muddy messes.

I’m a sucker for those 2D-HD remasters but.. honestly LiveALive? Of all the games they could’ve given this treatment to. Give us Chrono Trigger or FF6 in this style, SE! They never learn.

Klonoa is gay rights. The first is a port of the Wii version though, no?

And honestly Nintendo if you ain’t gonna release Mother 3 I ain’t interested.

Xenoblade 3 tho, hype.

Wishlight and aaronhansome like this.
  8. Doesn’t Mother 3 have some issues with its representation of Traveller communities? I think that’s part of the reluctance to release it

9. Xenoblade 3 coming THIS YEAR alone would've made this a slam dunk for me, but combined with a Chrono Cross remaster, Klonoa ports, and Earthbound availability... I'm fed.

roblognick likes this.
  10. RJF

RJF

I mean I don’t know. For an early year Direct it seemed pretty standard. The Switch has been porting games at an insane rate since launch and Xenoblade 3 is a pretty big reveal. Chrono Cross also has me interested.

Are they shooting for some kind of record with Mario Kart? I know it’s still doing well but essentially saying they’re going extend its lifespan until 2023 is bonkers. That essentially gives it nearly a decade-long lifespan.

tea, Wishlight, aaronhansome and 2 others like this.
  11. Lol I just remembered the Disney Mario Kart clone. Poor it.

Denemarken likes this.
  12. That's fair although I would argue a free to play kart game with PS3 graphics is definitely a cash grab. I just don't see how any of those titles bring something new to the table. Particularly in the case of Splatoon 3, I feel like releasing another so soon after the second without any new gameplay angle is ridiculous. As for Fire Emblem, I don't consider those musou button mashers to be Fire Emblem games. Triangle Strategy looks cool for sure, but I'm sick of seeing it previewed so often. I've never played a Xenoblade game and to be honest those seem like the opposite of a cash grab. Super deep RPGs with brilliantly designed worlds that don't exactly sell a ton but Nintendo keeps making them anyway. I'm pumped for the Kirby game and the Advance Wars remake although I'm miffed at that $60 price tag.

13. There’s usually an Indie Showcase around Direct time as well and like…the Switch does a fantastic job in terms of securing strong indie releases

tea, Wishlight, BubblegumBoy and 3 others like this.
  14. I always thought it had to do with the Mag.. whatever they were called essentially giving very LGBTQI teas/ drag vibes.

Nintendo’s Homophobia!

15. If they wanted a way to milk people with DLC I would much have preferred another Smash fighter pass than the MK stages... then again obviously that would have taken a lot more time/effort/money to develop.

16. RJF

RJF

Considering I had lowered my expectations to a Xenoblade X release earlier today, getting 3 not only confirmed for seven months from now but a stunning trailer as well has me quite pleased.

I do wonder if Pokémon will get DLC. They’ll surely want to increase its lifespan now.

17. Chrono Cross hitting Switch is cute in theory, but when Trigger's so far missed Wii U VC, SNES Classic, and NSO? Bananas!

I'm looking forward to having some new ("new") tracks for Mario Kart, but their other recent releases would be better served with DLC – Mario Party and Pokémon chief among them.

Txetxu and nikkysan like this.
  18. I was just checking the Direct section on the eShop and Nintendo is really charging 50€ for Live A Live... In comparison the Chrono Cross remaster is 20€.

19. RJF

RJF

Also, I thought that Xenoblade did pretty well all things considered. If it wasn’t making money they wouldn’t be making a third one.

aaronhansome likes this.
  20. I think they’re pretty successful, fill a niche, AND Monolith Soft are one of Nintendo’s biggest support teams. They’ve basically done a lot of tech work on other big titles so I imagine it gives them some clout, especially when the likes of Breath of the Wild were massively helped by their open world experience

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.