Nintendo

Monica in Xenogay:

american-dad-roger.gif

I’m only on Chapter 3 of Xenogay but I’m not loving the combat system vs XC2 so far……

XC2 was convoluted and had 10000 mechanics but when it finally clicked it was a thing of glory. I’m kinda bored with the auto attacking mechanics so far.

Not sure if this changes later but that’s my impression so far……

Loving the characters and themes so far and the environments are gorgeous but colonies just don’t hit the same way as a full fledged city.

Idk don’t crucify me girls but I’m a wee underwhelmed so far. Someone hold me and tell me it’s just early chapter jitters

Thinking about getting Earthbound on the Switch — a truly ICONIC game, so far ahead of its time with how it breaks the 4th wall/is so self-referential, is incredibly chaotic and nonsensical, and even the matter in which the game is played.

I’d like Tales of Symphonia for Switch!

I’m only on Chapter 3 of Xenogay but I’m not loving the combat system vs XC2 so far……

XC2 was convoluted and had 10000 mechanics but when it finally clicked it was a thing of glory. I’m kinda bored with the auto attacking mechanics so far.

Loving the characters and themes so far and the environments are gorgeous but colonies just don’t hit the same way as a full fledged city.

Idk don’t crucify me girls but I’m a wee underwhelmed so far. Someone hold me and tell me it’s just early chapter jitters
I think the game shines in how well done the party development is this time, rather than the cities/larger story. I think the game definitely improves throughout, but the last 2 chapters ARE a bit rushed.

Gameplay-wise, I think you get some additional combat options opening up at the end of Chap 4, but I could be wrong. There's a specific Chain Attack addition that turns your battles up on their head (for better or for worse). I think by the end, though, you'll always have something to be doing in combat, whether it's Interlinking, Chain Attacks or topple combos.

I'll say that as someone who played on Normal, the differences between classes within the same type (Healer, DPS, Tank) didn't make an insane difference. At times it felt slightly illusion of choice since two healers always felt like enough regardless of class, but I'm sure on harder difficulties and bosses, it is more important.

The combat defitnely speeds up. I think you unlock art cancelling in early chapter 4? And there'll be items/arts later on that will let you recharge faster.

Defitnely agree with you on the cities -- the colonies are cute (Colony Mu is a total scream) but I would have defitnely liked bigger cities like Alcamoth, the Mor Ardain capital, Fonsa Myma, etc. Though there are a couple of bigger settlements that open up later on.

I'm doing a lot of the hero quests that open up in Chapter 5 and...I find myself skipping cut scenes because the game throws so many side quests at you by this point that I've gotta be like 15 levels above the main story at this point. May just stop and soldier on with the main story because I've stopped caring about all the side stuff.