Nintendo

I would love to hear about Mina the Hollower, the 2D Zelda-like being developed by Yacht Club games, who made Shovel Knight.

Maybe Silksong getting announced may finally encourage me to play Hollow Knight. Loved Metroid Dread and am loving Prince of Persia, Metroidvania games are kind of my jam it seems.

Silksong feels like it'll be rearing it's head in the June Xbox Showcase at this point. Especially with the Game Pass deal, but it's been rated by several countries so it's gotta be ready to go soon

Here for more Steamworld though! Europa looks amazing

Kind of really heavy on 'cosy' games though, they blurred into one

So here for SteamWorld Heist 2, I played the first one last year and it was a blast. Little Kitty Big City looks really nice too, and a few other games piqued my curiosity as well, like the personality one and Duck Detective. It wasn't a new announcement but I'm also looking forward to Another Crab's Treasure, the dev's previous game Going Under was really good. Was a good show for sure.

Also, for the Ace Attorney girls, the Apollo Justice trilogy got a huge price slash today (from €50 to €16), which I get the impression was a mistake (I think it was probably the original trilogy that was meant to go on sale) and might not last, so definitely worth picking up for anyone interested.

Also, for the Ace Attorney girls, the Apollo Justice trilogy got a huge price slash today (from €50 to €16), which I get the impression was a mistake (I think it was probably the original trilogy that was meant to go on sale) and might not last, so definitely worth picking up for anyone interested.
I already own them all on 3DS but I guess having the full collection on Switch can't hurt! Thank you for posting!

I already own them all on 3DS but I guess having the full collection on Switch can't hurt! Thank you for posting!

Yeah I think just the much bigger screen + improved visuals alone make it worth it, though all the bonus content is really nice too (shame the first trilogy didn't have any). Really looking forward to replaying Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice especially, love those two (especially the latter), and they look really good on the Switch.

Decided to pick up stitch. after seeing a bunch of praise for it, and I'm glad I did because it's basically this gif in videogame form:

Warm-breeze.gif

It's extremely relaxing to play, but at the same time super engaging/satisfying/moreish. A really pleasant surprise.

I’ve never played an Ace Attorney game but am tempted by the sale. Is it a similar gameplay mechanic to Professor Layton with puzzle solving?

I’ve never played an Ace Attorney game but am tempted by the sale. Is it a similar gameplay mechanic to Professor Layton with puzzle solving?

There isn't any puzzle solving in the traditional sense, the only "puzzles" in the games are trying to work out each chapter's crime(s) and how to navigate each of the courtroom "battles", like how to answer the judge's questions, which witness statements are lies/contradictions, which pieces of evidence to present and so on. The games are super fun though and 100% worth playing.

There isn't any puzzle solving in the traditional sense, the only "puzzles" in the games are trying to work out each chapter's crime(s) and how to navigate each of the courtroom "battles", like how to answer the judge's questions, which witness statements are lies/contradictions, which pieces of evidence to present and so on. The games are super fun though and 100% worth playing.

Ok you’ve sold me. Purchasing!

I’d also say that the goal of Ace Attorney isn’t necessarily to find out who did it, as it’s usually pretty obvious from the start. It’s not (usually) a surprise when the culprit is revealed. The fun comes from putting together how they did it and figuring out their plan because it’s always super over-the-top.

The OG Ace Attorney trilogy clears. Especially as they ramp up over the games and still have a darker edge and a good mix between goofy and serious.

The newer trilogy/2 prequels are a bit messy (Apollo getting like 3 origin stories ddd) and some of the cases are way more padded. The art has always had less bite to me too, its more anime and a lot of the murder art is less striking when in 3D models vs the dated but effective OGs.

All are good though. I hope we get the Edgeworth games remastered one day