Nintendo

I’d also say that the goal of Ace Attorney isn’t necessarily to find out who did it, as it’s usually pretty obvious from the start. It’s not (usually) a surprise when the culprit is revealed. The fun comes from putting together how they did it and figuring out their plan because it’s always super over-the-top.

Well, this is truer in earlier cases, they definitely get more complex/less obvious both over the course of each game and especially over the course of the series. Generally you will know who the culprit is before they're revealed, but in most instances I wouldn't say it's obvious from the start either.

It's been a good while since I played the games (I went through the series on the 3DS like 7-9 years ago), so replaying them now is great because while the games are still familiar, I don't really recall the ins and outs of most cases anymore, so it feels fresh/new too. I was waiting to get the Apollo Justice trilogy before starting to make my way through the entire series (the first trilogy, then the second, then the Great Ace Attorney duology, which I haven't played yet), so that should be fun. I'm currently halfway through the second case in the first game... fair to say this is going to take a while nn

The OG Ace Attorney trilogy clears. Especially as they ramp up over the games and still have a darker edge and a good mix between goofy and serious.

The newer trilogy/2 prequels are a bit messy (Apollo getting like 3 origin stories ddd) and some of the cases are way more padded. The art has always had less bite to me too, its more anime and a lot of the murder art is less striking when in 3D models vs the dated but effective OGs.

All are good though. I hope we get the Edgeworth games remastered one day

I like how the cases in the last couple of games are longer/more complex personally, and often more creative too, everything is more detailed and fleshed out whereas in the early ones sometimes things can feel a bit too simple. Maybe it'll change after I replay them all, but Spirit of Justice is definitely my favourite of the six, and I'd love for the series to lean more in that direction if/when we finally get a seventh one.

Speaking of backtracking, this is arguably the biggest weakness of the original GameCube game. That’s still the case in story chapters (looking at Chapter 2 in particular), but you’ll gain access to a Warp Pipe room which allows you to fast-travel back to the other towns. Yes, this existed in the GameCube version, but it’s been tweaked heavily for the Switch release – no longer do you need to break huge blocks to access pipes, nor do you need to remember which pipe goes where. Each blue pipe is labelled with a number corresponding to the chapter you visited that town in, meaning you can easily get back to Petalburg or the Great Tree by simply following the numbers. It might take a minute to unlock, but it makes those Trouble Center requests much easier to complete. And you can access it straight from Rogueport rather than going through the Sewers each time.
https://www.nintendolife.com/featur...ousand-year-door-unfolds-gloriously-on-switch

I was hoping for something like this. I only played the original last year (I think?) for the first time and while I had an amazing time with the game, I did think that the excessive backtracking and lack of a proper fast-travel option might make repeated playthroughs a bit more tedious than necessary, especially compared to the first Paper Mario.

About one month left! Game looks like a blast, though that bob-omb NPC exploding...

tumblr_p5mpsbcK3w1v9x6sio2_250.gif

It's a shame that Endless Ocean seems to not be very good because I definitely find the concept of it very appealing. From what I've seen it definitely would have been better if they put more emphasis on the exploration element than making it a multiplayer experience, but oh well.

So we will see the new Switch by the end of September? Also Direct confirmed for June.

Their fiscal year ends in March, right? So in theory they could still wait until after their next big holiday season before actually announcing the Switch 2 dd.

I'm glad to hear a Direct is coming in June though, I wonder how they are planning on filling the Switch's final few months with games and especially what the big (?) holiday title is going to be.

Nintendo's fiscal year indeed ends in March, they're making sure they're staying as vague as possible but I'm hoping an announcement around august/september and a launch by the end of november so that Switch 2 is available before Christmas.

I'm curious to see what first party stuff they'll announce at the Direct since there isn't really anything lined up for the second half of the year. Hopefully we'll finally get those damn Zelda ports...
I expect Metroid Prime 2 (and 3?) Remastered and an update on Prime 4, something Zelda (The Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD, or maybe even a new 2D game developed by Grezzo? Pretty please!), perhaps a new Mario sports game or something like that. I guess they could also finally port Xenoblade Chronicles X, but then again they'd probably wait for the new, more powerful hardware for that. Oh yeah, they might release some DLC for Super Mario Wonder!

Nintendo's fiscal year indeed ends in March, they're making sure they're staying as vague as possible but I'm hoping an announcement around august/september and a launch by the end of november so that Switch 2 is available before Christmas.
Rumours at the start of the year were that the Christmas 2024 launch was delayed until March 2025 to strengthen the launch title line up, I'm expecting a similar launch window as the original (announce late Autumn, go into more detail January, March release).

My predictions, based on absolutely nothing but what I hope we see while also trying to keep expectations relatively in check.

-Metroid Prime 4 revealed in the June Direct, released in October ish 2024. I don't think it's a Switch 2 game, I think if they're looking to relaunch Metroid as a series its better to release the new game on a console with a 140 million strong user base already than a new console.
-Prime 2 and 3 ports shadowdropped at that same Direct.
-Something Mario sports, also for the summer, most likely Mario & Sonic at the Paris Olympics. (Which is a big meh for me but it'll sell well whatever it is.)
-Wind Waker/ Twilight Princess ports and maaaybe a lazy ILCA Pokemon Black/White port as the big Christmas games, alongside Metroid as a new original title. Maybe Zelda in September and Pokemon in November? I think we'll get at least one of these, not too confident we'll get both (and they can keep the Pokemon game if it is like BDSP, but I still just can't see them having a year without a main Pokemon title.)
-Pokemon Legends Z-A launch late Jan, as the last first party Switch game.
-Absolutely no mention of the new console until January and a release in March, as in 2017. Launches with 3D Mario, gets a new Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and something Zelda (the Ocarina remake?) by the end of 2025.

I hope Nintendo will have a similar system as Sony (and MS maybe I don't know), allowing people to upgrade their Switch games to improved/next gen versions on the Switch 2 for free. Bunch of games I'd love to play with boosted performance, visuals, etc, but preferably without having to buy them again.

he / him
I hope Nintendo will have a similar system as Sony (and MS maybe I don't know), allowing people to upgrade their Switch games to improved/next gen versions on the Switch 2 for free. Bunch of games I'd love to play with boosted performance, visuals, etc, but preferably without having to buy them again.

Hmm the rumours are it's just straight up backwards compatible, and 4K supported in dock. So it'd be most likely up-scaled 4K for original Switch games in dock.