Nintendo

he/him
Nintendo now having this sort of graphical power with their art direction... I'm ridiculously excited. The next big 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime 4... we're gonna be eating good.

And no I don't care if Sony/Microsoft stans will still laugh at the Switch 2 being "underpowered", graphical fidelity peaked with the last generation. If anything graphics are beginning to look too realistic now if you ask me.

Switch 2 running in the same circles as the Series S power wise would be great. Its basically the current next gen minimum (maybe Steam Deck)

With Nintendo it’s not about hyper realism. Just give us games that (when connected to a 4K TV) runs at least in 1080p and 60fps. I don’t think that’s too much of an ask in this day and age. Shrugs…

I don't mind realistic graphics, but is it really worth it having development times/costs increase massively, and all the problems that come with that, just for that? Not really. Sadly, plenty of people will ignore any games that aren't like that, and that's part of the reason the industry is in the state it's in nowadays. Oh well, at least Nintendo doesn't suffer from it.

Sadly, plenty of people will ignore any games that aren't like that, and that's part of the reason the industry is in the state it's in nowadays.
The tech industry is at fault for this as well. I mean, if it's not for these hyper realistic graphics, how else are chip manufacturers supposed to convince gamers to buy the latest Nvidia 5090ti Xtreme or whatever for $5000?

Just give us games that (when connected to a 4K TV) runs at least in 1080p and 60fps.
This would suffice for me as well but watch Nintendo manage to somehow fuck it up in the long term.

Well, those three Game Boy games all look mildly diverting, I can't see myself getting more than 20 minutes of enjoyment out of them but I'm not mad at them being included I guess. Hopefully the June direct gives us something decent from N64/ GBA and ideally a new road map of titles to expect this year.

I spent so many hours on road trips as a kid playing Super Mario Land on my Game Boy (original and my red Pocket). It’s one of those games I could play blindfolded, from repeating stages so many times.

… Yet I could still never get to the end. So I’d maybe play it if they finally added a save function!

Love Double Dash, and it still has some of my favourite courses - especially Wario's Colosseum.

I like to think Mario Kart 9 will be big holiday release with a "Deluxe" edition for the Switch U 2 Pro.

Polygon nicely summarized why I think the Paper Mario games started to lose their luster in recent years. I’d actually forgotten about the weird limits Nintendo had put in place on Mario characters. So, it’s not all just about the weird gameplay mechanics that have been introduced since Sticker Star.

I waited a really long time but decided to order the new old Paper Mario game after all. I don't really like the concept of remakes (I made exceptions for the WiiU games on the switch) but I loved The Origami King so much and I never played The Thousand Year Door before, so they kinda deserve my money for this.

Curious to see how it will compare to Origami King as I know a lot of people actually agree that the Paper Mario games fell off after a few titles.

I waited a really long time but decided to order the new old Paper Mario game after all. I don't really like the concept of remakes (I made exceptions for the WiiU games on the switch) but I loved The Origami King so much and I never played The Thousand Year Door before, so they kinda deserve my money for this.

Curious to see how it will compare to Origami King as I know a lot of people actually agree that the Paper Mario games fell off after a few titles.

I'm really looking forward to playing it for the first time too. Even though it was originally released twenty years ago it almost feels like we're getting a sequel to Origami King, since the two games look so similar. From what I understand the main problem old-time fans have with the series is how it progressively went from more traditional RPG gameplay to being a bit more unorthodox (just compare the Thousand Year-Door and Origami King combat systems), but in terms of vibe the two games don't really seem that different to me.

I'm also getting Eiyuden Chronicles (Switch physical version just came out) along with Paper Mario tomorrow, which were like my two most anticipated games of the year, exciting times.

I need the girls to come out for Thousand Year Door.

anigif_sub-buzz-3340-1493248856-2.gif