Nintendo

This gay just bought a Nintendo 3DS XL together with three Zelda games: Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and A Link Between Worlds. Will I enjoy using that fucking pen to do everything? We will see. Both Phantom and Spirit seems to be talked about with mixed feelings, but Between Worlds looks absolutely amazing. Will I try and play every Zelda game there is? I think so.

Lemme hear your opinions about these games! And your most controversial Zelda opinions for a good kii.

he / him
The way people actively talk around Phantom and Spirit Tracks is kind of a kii, also not helped that everything since feels like it calls back to Link to the Past. I remember liking them but they didn't feel true Zelda in the way others do. Link Between Worlds is fun but I remember thinking it was very short.

The way people actively talk around Phantom and Spirit Tracks is kind of a kii, also not helped that everything since feels like it calls back to Link to the Past. I remember liking them but they didn't feel true Zelda in the way others do. Link Between Worlds is fun but I remember thinking it was very short.
Interesting, in what way don't they feel like true Zelda games? And what what feels like it calls back to Link to the Past (another game I wanna play)

Also, sorry for double posting, but I'm replaying Wind Waker right now and it's such a joy to play. I'm having the best time just exploring and the story is one of my personal favourites in the series. Even though the open sea is a bit empty at times, the gameplay is just so much fun! And I adore the dungeons. One of my favourite ever games.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are pretty great in my opinion. The latter especially has a really unique vibe, a great buddy adventure vibe and really impressive visuals for the hardware.

A Link Between Worlds is probably my favourite top-down Zelda (alongside Link's Awakening), an absolute gem. It's also one of the not that many games that used the 3D effect amazingly well, in my opinion.

Mvnl

Staff member
Just got me a Switch + Odyssey + Kart + Overcooked and combined with online I think that should be enough to keep me mindlessly distracted from some emotional turmoil for the next few weeks!

Still unsure if that one game where you walk around an island aimlessly is relaxing or just hella boring?

Last edited:

Mvnl

Staff member
The way this could be either Animal Crossing or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter...
Haha the first. Keep forgetting that name!!
Intrigued by the second now though.

Also: anyone knows if the deluxe of Two Point Hospital is worth double the price of the regular game?
(possibly not the best game to play for me atm but definitely on my list)

Mvnl

Staff member
Spin throw can rot in hell.
Also kinda hate you can't turn off music and just have the sound effects, hope that's not the case for all games??

Last edited:

Mvnl

Staff member
I.. don't think I'm a fan of Odyssey which kinda sucks since it was the main selling point for me?
It just does not feel very Mario.. or focussed? Go look for your own musicians, Paula