Nintendo | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Nintendo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tea, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Any time and money invested in that fucking golf game is a cruel waste of resources.

Although I need a gif of Peach running.

BubblegumBoy, ALEX, _hazzie_ and 3 others like this.
  2. I understand that the last year has been very complicated and has probably affected development of a lot of their projects, but at the same time, if you don't have anything good to show then...don't have the direct? Like they set themselves up to get dragged, and I don't feel bad for them nn.

BubblegumBoy, collxtion, tea and 16 others like this.
  3. He

He

I guess they needed to show something for investors or something? But yeah, a tad embarrassing.

tea and clowezra like this.
  4. I actually think they’re planned filler while they focus on new game dev rather than distracting from. Like these ports will be pretty low effort, see: Mario 3D collection.

HeartSwells likes this.
  5. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

The Switch is the first Nintendo system I've owned since the Gamecube way back when, so the ports seem essential and I'm glad they're doing them. It always baffles me that there are a slew of Zelda games unavailable on the eShop (likewise for Mario before the anniversary collection) that I never played because I didn't own the Wii. The Xbox Game Pass has an overwhelming amount of old games available to play that, as far as I'm aware, received little to no fanfare when they were re-released (and they aren't charging $50 for!). The ports are great content, but they should never act as a main attraction to fans still waiting for new games.

Anyway, I'm still stuck on the Waterblight Ganon in BOTW so maybe I should finish that before I complain too much.

BubblegumBoy, collxtion, tea and 8 others like this.
  6. I don't have a problem with the ports themselves. I think it's just good practice to have as many titles as humanely possible on one console, and the Switch is the perfect one for that. But like you said @Subwaykid, it should never be touted as the highlight of a sale's year. Especially when they're charging full price for these ports... FFX/X-2 is 2 games completely remastered and was still sold at a discounted price, so why can't Skyward Sword (which looks exactly the same from the Wii) be shaved off $30? It's idiotic.

7. The first battle in Project Tringle just kicked my ass erhdsgh WHEW

aaronhansome likes this.
  8. The Wii U's virtual console had an absolutely incredible library and it is still completely unacceptable that the Switch's online content has been so dire.

BubblegumBoy, tea, Milotic and 11 others like this.
  9. Honestly, I'd have felt like yesterday's Direct would have been way less of a shitshow if they'd announced another platform coming to Switch Online. It would require so little on Nintendo's part and I wouldn't have considered anybody outlandish for suggesting that N64 or Game Boy games could have been announced yesterday.

tea, nikkysan, matthew. and 2 others like this.
  10. The fact that Nintendo is so shit now that it seems inconceivable that I played Paper Mario, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, countless Harvest Moon titles and the GBA re-release of Super Mario Bros. 3 with the exclusive Japan-only levels added to it, all on the same console.

11. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

12. I'd play more Splatoon if I could skip that annoying intro

ohaimanabu likes this.
  13. I was expecting the announcement of the N64 Mini.... I guess it will never happen, such a disappointment.

Milotic and JMRGBY like this.
  14. I have to wonder if they actually thought they were doing something by having Splatoon 3 (2022) as the final big reveal. I know it's a fairly popular series, but it could have just as easily been announced halfway through the presentation, like... she's a cute girl, not a headliner.

Rob, Wills and CaliDevotion like this.
  15. XXX

XXX

You do have a point. But I'm pretty sure I would not be interested even if it were games from my past, not unless they're completely upgraded and redone.

I do hope the revenue is going towards less lucrative games.

Nn I have 200+ hours in Splatoon 2 (although I haven't played in at least a year) and I have to wonder what the point of a new release even is. It's going to be exactly the same game isn't it?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021 at 7:41 PM
    CaliDevotion likes this.
  16. To play a second Dragon Quest XI file, sixth Fire Emblem: TTH file, or second Xenoblade Chronicles 2 file?

54E13696-FC9A-47DC-A51A-15A36B6C2B0E.jpeg

matthew., Rhombus, Wills and 4 others like this.
  17. Just get Bravely Default II instead x

ALEX and FridayNight like this.
  18. Them hoes look creepy, sis.

Rhombus likes this.
  19. This is why my Wii U remains one of my most used consoles nn, the breadth of the virtual console is excellent and I have no idea what's holding them back from at least making strides to expand the Switch to that same level given that they're heavily promoting ports at this point. The Wii U certainly isn't without its faults but if they were to consolidate its strengths with the complete level up that is the Switch, we'd have a perfect console.

20. Splatoon 2 is the ninth-highest selling game on the system so, yes. (Also yes Splatoon is great.)

BEST FICTION and XXX like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.