Nintendo | Page 51 | The Popjustice Forum

Nintendo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tea, Nov 3, 2020.

1. My final lineup consisted of Elvis as Spiritmaster first, White Mage second. I didn’t use Swordmaster in the end, but had Adelle master it anyway until I acquired the Bastion asterisk.

Rhombus and soratami like this.
  2. Swordmaster pairs extremely well with Shieldmaster, and it goes well with the other physical attack based classes as well. Its ability to drain enemies BP really came in handy in some boss battles, though I didn't use it in my final party either, as the counter-based abilities become less useful when you have a Bastion straight-up nullifiying damage.

Spiritmaster is one of the best jobs in the game I think, pairing it with Salve-Maker or White Mage makes for an excellent support character, and if you set is as the Necromancer or Red Mage (at level 12+ for the double-cast passive)'s sub-job you can deal tons of damage with Holy, which is very useful against quite a few bosses.

Rhombus likes this.
  3. Thanks my kings!!!

soratami and FridayNight like this.
  4. So I have to say I’m super impressed with Nintendo’s repair service. I send 5 drifting joycon off on Monday, only with my original console receipt from 2017, I couldn’t find the others. They came back this morning all repaired, no charge and with a new warranty on them! I had read horror stories so honestly had no idea what to expect.

smellycat likes this.
  5. I was the same. Read loads of forums of people getting charged a stupid amount after they’d been repaired or being sent different joy cons back (I didn’t want to lose my super smash themed ones). But the service was great! I’m now considering just sending my other ones off for a spruce up and warranty extension.

_hazzie_ likes this.
  6. The way I destroyed Domenic with the exact same strategy yes god!!!

cmon brute force instead of strategy

soratami and FridayNight like this.
  7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Is there any reason to play Super Mario 3D World as anything other than Peach in the cat suit? Gay rights!

8. RJF

RJF

I pulled KOS-MOS out of a Rare Core Crystal. YAS.

9. This sentence would kill a Victorian child

10. I started a new save with Three Houses because I didn't like the house I went with.

Me everytime Jeralt is on screen:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  11. #justbravelydefault2updates

Just finished Chapter 3.

The game not giving you a boss battle against Helio, letting him die in a cutscene, but giving you a fake boss battle against the dragoon lady.......... make it make sense.

FridayNight and _hazzie_ like this.
  12. nn are you forgetting you already fought him (along with Gladys). All the human boss fights in the game unlock asterisks, so it wouldn't really have made sense to fight him again. Having a friendly battle against Martha to unlock her asterisk was a nice change of pace from all the other asterisk holders being antagonists I guess.

_hazzie_ likes this.
  13. Tea but I just wasn’t satisfied ~narratively

Let me chop ha Severus Snape looking ass up

FridayNight, soratami and _hazzie_ like this.
  14. I finished the game yesterday and I didn't really have issues with any of the later boss battles actually, they were fairly easy once you figure out what to do, and when your HP gets low it's fairly easy to heal up with hearts, so I don't think it's easy for the bosses to beat you. I think the boss battle that gave me the most trouble was actually the rubber-band, as I was having a hard time blocking his hits when you're using your finishing move, which hit quite hard and repeatedly.

I finished the game yesterday and I really liked it a whole lot, I've never been the biggest Mario fan but spin-offs like this and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle are definitely making me see the series in a new light, just hugely enjoyable experiences, and the fact that they actually have a fun narrative to follow, unlike the main games, goes a long way. To be honest I liked both way more than Odyssey, which started feeling like an endless laundry list of tasks to do with no real reward by the time I was revisiting the fourth or fifth world.

BubblegumBoy likes this.
  15. Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm playing Mario Odyssey at the moment, I love the worlds but damn I'm fed up of collecting moons now. I just want to go to Darker Side already.

soratami likes this.
  16. I also booted up Three Houses this weekend to try out Maddening mode.

I had to restart the first chapter four different times because you don't have access to Divine Pulse yet and every time I would get to the end Dimitri would one round either my avatar or Edelgard.

[​IMG]

17. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Tibb playing hard mode was bad enough, maddening just takes all the fun out of the game.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  18. I ended up pouring accrued Activity Points into Hubert and Dorothea to get access to better magic nn, I can’t imagine doing this shit without any additional resources. I’ve always felt a bit at odds with the Fire Emblem community because they tend to favor these ridiculous difficulty modes when I’m just trying to ship Dorothea and Edelgard.

Petty Mayonnaise and matthew. like this.
  19. Over a year since buying it, playing it for a few short hours and setting it aside as I couldn't get the hang of it, I finally managed to get into Smash. Not planning on going online anytime soon, but I'm having a lot of fun with the single player content, especially the adventure mode

Pyra

Mythra

20. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Agreed, just give me a fun strategy RPG where I can be gay thats all I ask.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.