No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits) | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Danniiboy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. This whole project is so frustrating because you can feel their enthusiasm and energy for this project but all artistic decisions are just horrible.

I´ve read that they started planning this already last february/march which makes the cheap karaoke-instrumentals even scarier.

2. I've never been a big fan of Lucy's vocals but I think her vocals in "Still in Love with You" are actually really beautiful!

Jess reminding us about her limitations in like every song - as usual! I stan!

Little L, Conan, Jasper47 and 2 others like this.
  3. It's like she's made an effort to make a nicer sound with her voice. The treatment of her vocal on There Must Be an Angel is a lot less shrill, especially the "da-da-da-da" bit. I REALLY want the new vocals on the old instrumentals. - Who here is able to do this?

_saturday_ likes this.
  4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

This is all so...bad.

5. The vocal production is one of the worst aspects of this record. "Rivers of Joy" for example, I don't event know where to begin...

6. Just a reminder: In a bit less than 2 hours they will hold an accoustic show on rtl.de!

rubirubi and Xanax like this.
  7. Just imagine a smaller EP with a decent producer...50% remakes 50% new tracks.

8. It has very few views... (And I can't embed it here).

9. I decided that physi- I mean we keep the spirit alive is kind of iconic. I mean the nerve of it all!

unidan82 likes this.
  10. I'm trying to find it too. No luck yet.

11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

[​IMG]

rubirubi and Musiquelover64 like this.
  12. I’m listening to the album right now. And it’s rather underwhelming. Especially Feelgood Lies. I’ve been yearning for a vany-less version, but this instrumental is, too bland

13. The look - check.
    The energy and charisma - check.
    The nostalgia - check.

The celebration versions -
    [​IMG]

unidan82 likes this.
  14. Yall so OT as usual these newer versions aren't that bad and kinda fit the climate of things now. I enjoy it for what it is and just glad they did it big and are back together the ladies deserve it

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    rubirubi, Alenko and Whisky87 like this.
  15. Oh I do enjoy it. I am actually still listening to it and actually like most celebration versions. It’s also very interesting to listen to the re-recorded versions. I always wondered how certain songs sound without the 2000’s style vocal stylings, and I quite like it. For me it’s just Feelgood lies that’s kind of a letdown. It lacks that oomph. But for the most part, yes! Enjoying it for what it is... the nostalgia is very real and present...

Alenko and Musiquelover64 like this.
  16. How? Why? She’s quintessential to the song, as the new version proves...

17. tastes differ I guess...? I mean, I love her for nostalgia’s sake but I always thought the tone of her voice was super grating and nasal. Charisma? She’s got it, uniqueness?, check, Nerve? Definitely, Talent? I don’t see it. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

unidan82 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.