No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits) | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Danniiboy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Good shoot
    Only Jess looks like a suburban mistress though

Loving Nadja & Sandy here!

rubirubi likes this.
  3. This?
    [​IMG]
    I don't think any of them had the X Factor as solo artists... I've been checking their music, but it's not my cup of tea.

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

5. This is good. Unreleased?

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Yes, unfortunately. I do have the MP3 that leaked back then, but it's the same. Unmastered.

rubirubi likes this.
  7. Did this line-up of No Angels release any song?
    [​IMG]
    (I couldn't find this picture in high quality, help?)

8. I think it was all from one recording session in a studio, almost as if they just were given a vague lyric to just literally sing anything into the mic. I wouldn't say it's worth getting now... the CD:ROM was made for very old computers and even back then I had to seriously mess with aspect ratio to get it to fit/show all the options. I would (humbly) say my versions give you the best parts haha.

rubirubi likes this.
  9. It's sad that Nadja only recorded in German and they were not great songs. Jess had Ten Steps Back and also Don't get me started is a nice summer song. I bought both of Sandy's albums and they were really good. Vany had some great songs and videos - Drama Queen especially.

rubirubi and Txetxu like this.
  10. Both Sandy albums kind of bang. Very of their time, and some of the lyrics are really bad but I bop.

Little L and rubirubi like this.
  11. I gave that new album a second chance. While I somehow accept Daylight and can live with Still In Love I had to skip Something About Us. This is a burning pile of trash. When The Angels Sing does not fare much better. A little skipping and why did they intend to suck every tiny bit of energy out of All Cried Out?

This is so horrible. I am super happy the comeback is going technically well. But this is all rather horrific.

unidan82, rubirubi and Jasper47 like this.
  12. A new Day and Mad Wild have grown on me. Cute songs that make me long for new material. (but please with a more inspired production!)

rubirubi likes this.
  13. I received the CD yesterday and listening to the full album I'm pleased with it.

The Celebration versions are worse than the original ones, but I'm glad we are getting new versions as a way to celebrate these old songs.

Christian Geller tried to give a different sound to these bops but I guess they were perfect the way they were.

The packaging is beautiful. The digipak, the layout, the pictures... It's a great way to celebrate 20 years of No Angels.

Alenko and Mvnl like this.
  14. What's that one that's about her getting her exes new girlfriend drunk and trying it on with her? That one kinda sticks out - is it called the verdict?

tylerc904 likes this.
  15. Wait I suddenly fell in love with „Cry for you“, beautiful song.

rubirubi likes this.
  16. No mention at all of the songwriters of Dua Lipa's "Physical" in the No Angels' "20" booklet. According to the booklet, "We Keep The Spirit Alive" music by Christian Geller • Christoph Aßmann / lyrics by Christian Geller • Sandy Mölling

unidan82 likes this.
  17. I kinda love it I can't lie. Every time I hear it I hear other song titles of No Angels songs - it's kinda cleverly done. The backing, I can't say I'm overly familiar with Dua Lipa as I find her a little bit dull.

rubirubi likes this.
  18. This is the one I was thinking about when I mentioned the lyrics! The Verdict, yes.

unidan82 and rubirubi like this.

19. I loved the whole album, to be honest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.