No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Danniiboy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

KenLee-tastic!

2. They were pretty terrible live but the recorded version is magnificent.
    I can't stop playing it.

3. Well the UK can learn something from those 12 points from Bulgaria.

Ladytron for ESC2009!

Please?

4. I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but here it is:

Nadja Benaissa of the girl group No Angels that represented Germany in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm. She is accused of having had unprotected sexual intercourse with three men without informing them that she is HIV-positive.

The singer's attorneys have meanwhile stated that there is no evidence that their client is guilty. They also claim illicit indiscretion by the prosecution authorities of Darmstadt. The other singers of the band did not react on the accusations but it has already been revealed that they will keep performing as a group under the name No Angels.

- ESCToday

5. Aamyko

Aamyko Guest

I guess she really was "No Angel".

6. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Thread over. Other puns need not apply.

7. This was even in British newspaper.

Very odd and sad story.

8. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

It's been the top entertainment story on news.com.au for like a day and a half now, which is remarkable for a person who is completely non-famous here.

9. It was even on perezhilton.com. I'm quite schocked she looks so innocent.

10. Rob

Rob

Yikes, what a frightening story. Hope it doesn't harm the odds of a new album this year...

11. On a related note 'Disappear' was my favourite Eurovision entry last year. It was a far too subtle and clever song to do well at Eurovis. It's probably the best cover version of 'Call The Shots' that isn't 'Call The Shots'

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

This is all very sad and bizarre.

Disappear is a great song. I even have a remix of it in my gym playlist.

13. Erm...is it against the law to not tell someone you have HIV?

*grey area*

14. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I think in some countries, if you have unprotected sex with someone and don't tell them you have HIV, and they contract it and die, then it's considered murder.

15. What if you don't know you have it?!

16. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I was thinking of this posting this a couple of days ago, but wasn't sure if enough people knew who she was.

It really has become global news! It was in the papers and the sites here in Belgium as well!

But she knew she did. At least one of the guys has gotten HIV through her. She has €200.000 in debts as well. She is currently held in jail and could face up to 10 years in there!

Doesn't she have a daughter? Poor girl...

17. It's heartening to see people have their pop priorities in order!

I think it is illegal to have unprotected sex with someone if you know you are HIV+ and you don't tell them in certain jurisdictions. I seem to remember a Greek guy being prosecuted for infecting a British woman a few years ago?

18. 10 years in prison is a bit harsh. It is rather thoughtless of her, but the guy should have put a condom on anyway.

19. Ray

Ray

From what I know, if you are aware of being HIV+ and you have sex with someone insisting you don't use protection and not telling them your HIV status, this can already be prosecuted as murder/bodily harm attempt, regardless of whether the virus gets transmitted. Of course there is a matter of proving 1) you knew your HIV status, 2) you insisted on not using protection and 3) you didn't tell your partner... (When I say you I don't mean Numerology obviously, just a general you)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.