No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Danniiboy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. I completely agree.

2. I hope she burns in hell.

3. Charley

Charley Staff Member

That is an interesting point of view! And sadly shows how much idiots there are in the world if this is something that needs to be held into account.

4. I really hope you're joking.

5. If she knowingly infected people then I am certainly not joking.

6. Before Kirlkand who said she didn't have a right to live? I can't see it. Or do you mean because she might die in prison?

7. I said that because quite a few people were saying "This is dreadful" "Should be more than prison" etc etc.

8. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

I can't believe some people are being so light hearted about this. Sometimes I think people do not understand how seriously HIV/AIDs can affect your quality of life and also dramatically reduce your life expectancy. 10 years is pretty justified.

9. Charley

Charley Staff Member

To be fair, if this is what you are referring to

it doesn't say 'prison is not enough', it says '10 years is not enough'.

10. I think there were other comments too, but at a risk of starting an argument I wont be able to sustain I think now would be a wise time to bow out.

11. i do agree that she should have told whoever she had sex with if she was HIV+, but at the same time it is the year 2009, everybody should just assume that anybody could carry the virus, regardless. So, the best way to avoid getting it is by protecting oneself. It is extremely ignorant to have sex with somebody without protection, regardless of gender,age or sexuality.

And I do feel she's being treated in a really horrible,unfair way.Without having uttered one single word, she's found guilty by the whole world.

12. Was it known publicly if she had HIV before all this came out?

13. No, but apparently her management (and by extension, she) knew for quite some time before.

14. Of course she should be significantly punished for spreading the disease. Just to clarify, you cannot be convicted for giving someone HIV if you yourself were undiagnosed - for starters there is the question of the chicken and the egg. Who had it first, the victim or the accused?

But, if you are diagnosed as having HIV (and this is easy for any court to prove) before you have sex, and you do so without informing your partner, and don't use adequate protection, then you are considered to have 'attacked' your partner. She absolutely deserves a prison sentence for doing this.

15. There is also the possibility that she indeed told the, she had HIV, and they were like...yeah...fine...whatever. But this cannot be proven.

16. Sugaste

Sugaste Guest

You're absolutely repulsive; I can't tolerate you at all.

Anyway; this is really sad.
    I don't know what to make of it all.

17. Then she still shouldn't have done it. It's also illegal to shoot someone even if that person instructed it him/herself.

18. This is a very good point!

19. That's not correct though, is it? If you are told your partner has HIV before intercourse, then the responsibility is with you because you are aware of the risks.

20. What kind of person would do that to someone (they love) though? I mean, come on. If I had such a disease I wouldn't want to give it to anyone even if they said it didn't matter. I wouldn't want to be responsible for their possible death.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.