No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

No Angels - "Daylight" + 20 (Greatest Hits)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Danniiboy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Chances are it was casual sex though, not somebody she loved. Who knows the circumstances? If it was a one-nighter and the other person was the sort of lowlife who put sex above his own health, it's not her issue. Unethical perhaps, but not illegal...

2. What a load of bollocks. She is a total cunt for not telling the people she slept with that she's HIV positive. She can definitely burn and rot in hell.

3. What? Yes it is illegal. For a good reason...she contracted someone with a deadly disease on purpose (if the accusations can be proven). How should that not be illegal?

4. If I wanted your opinion on me then I'd ask your dreadful avatar. Your Goddess!

You will just have to learn to tolerate me as I endure you. I have the right to my opinion and on this matter I have no sympathy for Nadja. None. I totally stand by my comment. I hope she burns in hell. Because if she deliberately infected people then she's evil.

5. Judging by all the stories, she was fully aware that she had HIV.
    It is illegal to have unprotected sex with someone and not tell them that you are positive.

Surely if you slept with someone and contracted it you would be fucked off too. Didn't someone go to jail for this recently for infecting 3 women with it delibaretely. This skank has done the exact same to these men.

6. Not telling the person you sleep with you're infected it is tantamount to lying, and therefore treated in a similar way to spiking someone's drink etc.

I feel sorry for her that her HIV status has been exposed in this manner, but a public case like this should make people aware that this sort of behaviour is more than "naughty"

7. Why do you feel sorry for her?

If she didn't want people knowing then she shouldn't have passed it onto others.

8. She was so naive to think that she wouldnt pass it on.

But who knows what crazy things having such an awful disease does to us..

9. I had a HIV scare once. It was the worst experience of my life.

10. Sugaste

Sugaste Guest

That's sad to hear. Glad you're ok.

11. Not to go off on a side tangent here, but there is a whole community of people out there [edit: allegedly] called giftgivers and bugchasers, whose sole modus operandi is to get HIV/give HIV to other people. No judgments on the woman from No Angels here, just more along the lines of the fact that not all people with HIV care about not spreading it.

12. Four Words:

Gwen From Ricki Lake.

Does anybody remember her?

13. I think this might be a little strong. Who knows what her mental state was going into these relations? How can someone who hasn't got such a disease judge how it will effect you?

This is not a defence of her actions - she deserves some kind of punishment for her actions, but i have known people who contract illnesses/diseases and go into complete denial on the subject: "I can go on doing what I did before," kind of thing.

I think it would be premature to paint her as some devil woman who was hell bent on spreading the infection when that may not have been the case.

14. Sugaste

Sugaste Guest

Exactly; thank you very much.
    You don't know what was going through her mind, anything could have been going on inside there. When people are so ill; they obviously may not be in such a sount state.

Obviously what was done was wrong, but to say such strong things about someone you don't know or realise the full circumstances of is very naive.

15. Would people be saying these things if it was just a random person that had done this? People would be screaming to throw the book at them

16. Absolutely not. I hate the public witch hunt mentality that accompanies stories like this.

17. We don't know the full story do we? HIV treatment has progressed in leaps and bounds since the days when it was a death sentence, and with regular meds peoples' viral loads can approach zero, which a numpty or born again christian can intepret as more or less being cured of the disease.

18. Charley

Charley Staff Member

But then it can't be used as a defense either. (I know that's not what you are saying)

That's like blindfolding someone, shooting them in the face and then saying 'Well they were just standing there and didn't run away'. I'm not saying these guys aren't at fault themselves, but from the information available it was her who knowingly passed on a lethal disease to other people. Someone is actually going to die because of what she did.

19. If anything it's highly likely that she was in denial. You'd have to be super screwed-up to do this with a "Infect him!" mindset.

20. Sugaste

Sugaste Guest

What she's done is wrong, totally. 100%.
    But I think we need to know the full story to discuss it relevantly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.