No Doubt (2024 Reunion + Coachella)

Wait a minute, It's My Life only got to Number 20 in the UK???
It felt everwhere at the time, especially the video on The Box.
And “Don’t Speak” was arguably the biggest song of the 1990s but didn’t chart because of Billboard rules back then (no CD single). I heard it way more than “One Sweet Day,” which was No 1 for 16 weeks. If you were between 5 and 25 in 1995, and you owned CDs, you had Tragic Kingdom.

No Doubt was huge in the US. Gwen’s solo career was a blip in comparison.

I was five in 1995 and remember that song being everywhere. It's a core memory of mine with my mum playing it constantly. Weirdly I have no recollection of any of the Return of Saturn era but Hey Baby was pretty big in the UK.

Quite honestly it wasn't until the LAMB era that I realised Don't Speak, Hey Baby and It's My Life were by the same woman. A chameleon!

he/him
And “Don’t Speak” was arguably the biggest song of the 1990s but didn’t chart because of Billboard rules back then (no CD single). I heard it way more than “One Sweet Day,” which was No 1 for 16 weeks. If you were between 5 and 25 in 1995, and you owned CDs, you had Tragic Kingdom.

No Doubt was huge in the US. Gwen’s solo career was a blip in comparison.

Eh, I think calling Gwen’s solo career a blip is underselling her by a lot. I feel like No Doubt and Gwen were equally huge in their respective eras. Gwen’s solo career lines up perfectly with the early digital consumer era (“Hollaback Girl” being the first song to sell 1 million downloads, etc). Her star was rising while ND’s was fading. Both are remembered fondly by different generations for a reason.

Quite honestly it wasn't until the LAMB era that I realised Don't Speak, Hey Baby and It's My Life were by the same woman. A chameleon!

People still finding this out today.

Last edited:
L.A.M.B felt really big back then. Even Luxurious - which didn't peak as high as the others - felt pretty omnipresent. The Sweet Escape far less so, minus the title track (which remains the solo Gwen song I hear the most often).

Also no one talks about it now, but Let Me Blow Ya Mind was huge and that certainly helped in further establishing Gwen away from No Doubt.

just here to come in and also profess my love for Return of Saturn.
It took a long time to click because I was the kid who wore my cassette of Tragic Kingdom OUT while i took showers and sang it with my mom all the time to and from school (LOL) but a few years ago I really sat down with it outside of the singles (I'll always think Simple Kind of Life and Bathwater are two of their all time best) and yeah....it's insanely good.

I remember seeing the music video for 'New' (which was initially released as part of the soundtrack to the move 'Go') and being so excited for the next era of No Doubt. I still absolutely adore that song. Then they released 'Ex-Girlfriend' and I was in awe.
Tragic Kingdom was such a massive album for them but Return of Saturn gave us so much more depth and grit.

Oh I'm totally going on a No Doubt YouTube upswing today. Seeing clips from Return of Saturn it feels wrong that my studies on them are so poor.