♚ No Doubt Discography Rate (#49 - It's all ending...) ♚ | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

♚ No Doubt Discography Rate (#49 - It's all ending...) ♚

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Maki, Mar 14, 2021.

?

What is your favourite studio album by No Doubt?

1. No Doubt (1992)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Beacon Street Collection (1995)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tragic Kingdom (1995)

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. Return of Saturn (2000)

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  5. Rock Steady (2001)

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  6. Push and Shove (2012)

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. I really enjoy your write-ups @Maki. I've learnt a lot from them.

I don't think Sparkle deserved to leave yet. I gave it an 8 and still have a few lower scores left. Easy should have left before it.

2. [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot to @swim for providing these cool Metacritic-esque graphics!

Release date: March 25, 1995
    Total sales: 230,000 (est.)
    Notable chart peaks: #220 Australian Albums (1998)

Singles run:
    Squeal (1994)
    Doghouse (1994)

[​IMG]

As the sole indie record by No Doubt, "The Beacon Street Collection" can be seen as a checkpoint in band's history in a musical form. The background info about this album has already been covered in as part of a spotlight dedicated to No Doubt's days before fame, so I won't repeat it here. Long story short, after the floppage of their debut album and Interscope not knowing what to do with them, the band has a message for the label along the lines of "You've been treating us like shit so we're going to showcase what we're capable of" and decide to record and put out a collection of songs on their own without the label's knowledge. Their independence shocked their company representative, Tony Ferguson, who had assumed they were recording a third single. Savage move that certainly payed off. Released as a sophomore album on their newly created Beacon Street label, the album not only greatly appealed to the public (it sold over 100,000 copies by the end of the year, which was helped by "Tragic Kingdoms" release), but also the label, who lets No Doubt record what would become the iconic "Tragic Kingdom" (we know it's actually that made them take notice). To confirm that speculation, the album was re-released in the midst of No Doubt craze, October 1997, on Interscope - never enough coins, I guess.

As it stands, "The Beacon Street Collection" represents a perfect bridge between the clumsy, overly polished ska-pop debut and the established "Tragic Kingdom" that propelled them into the ska-punk elite. Two crap B-sides aside, this 10-track 'collection of songs' that are essentially outtakes nearly sounds like a properly thought-out album, especially taking into account that No Doubt produced all of the songs on their own. When will your faves? Of course, the complete record may sound a bit disorganized, which is to be expected of an album of this nature, but it being so compact is damn impressive. They manage to roam stylistically through ska, funk, Latin rhythms, and harder rock, with the switches in style often appearing in a single song, without losing cohesiveness. There's almost a recurrent theme of each song being a journey, whether you like it or not. It's pretty much like a rollercoaster - it can make some people scream with joy and others puke during the very same ride. Alas, the voting block seemed to lean on the secon scenario. Despite the lukewarm reception from this forum, "The Beacon Street Collection" is an integral part of No Doubt's discography, as it showcases the real essence of what made this band so iconic to begin with.
    Also, canaries are cute and I want one. Or two.

What does the band have to say about the album?

Tony: "The Beacon Street record was kind of like a B-side to Tragic Kingdom, but it came out before Tragic Kingdom, so it’s a weird situation. We were making Tragic Kingdom, and we were kind of battling with the record company. It was just being drawn-out, in the same kind of situation where we were all working, we all had jobs, we were going to school. We would record as much as possible when we would get some sort of budget allowance to go and record, and it would come in small spurts. We were just frustrated. There were a lot of songs that we knew weren’t going to make Tragic Kingdom so we were like, ‘We can’t waste these songs, we got to put these out.’ So we’re just like ‘Fuck it, we’re putting this record out ourselves.’ We planned it out: we’d play shows, save up the money, and we printed up a ton of CDs and we sold them at shows, we sold them in the back of our cars, and that’s what the record was."

Adrian: "The Beacon Street Collection was exciting, because we didn’t have a producer. It was a very homemade experience. It was done in a really cheap studio for the majority of it, but then we also recorded three songs at the bandhouse - ’Doghouse,’ ‘Squeal,’ and I think ‘That’s Just Me.’ We had this little 15 track recorder for both songs, and we recorded them right at the Beacon Street house. It was a very exciting time to be making music. There was no record company involved, no producer involved - we were just doing our own thing."

Tom: "After that first self-titled album, we toured on and off for a year, and sold like 25,000 copies, so we were like, ‘Okay, I guess we’re going to make another album then.’ We didn’t get dropped from our label, so that was good, and we started working on the new album. We were just a young band, and our shows locally were better than ever. As we started to write and record Tragic Kingdom, so much stuff happened. It was just a long process with the label. Everything happened in those three years: Tony and Gwen’s relationship broke up, which was really a tough thing to go through for everybody as friends, and then for the band. The band survived that, and then Gwen’s brother Eric left the band. So these are all well-known stories, but it was traumatic. We were just a group of friends who were really tight, and we had our band for years. Our band just got rocked with this intense, personal stuff. Beacon Street kind of came of out of our frustration with the label at that point. We didn’t know when we were getting a release date, we didn’t know when we’d be able to go in the studio to finish this album. We had this little home studio and we started recording songs. We kind of knew what songs weren’t going to end up on Tragic Kingdom, and which ones were. We had so many songs, so we took the best of the best of the ones that weren't going to be on Tragic Kingdom, and started recording them in our home studio, and put out the vinyl singles to sell at our shows. We didn’t have any music to sell to these people coming to our shows. We started making the vinyl singles. One day we finally got the CDs made, and we were selling them at our shows, and our A&R guy goes, ‘Hey, what’s this?’ and we were like, ‘Oh, well we made CDs since you guys are making it take so long to record the album.’ But it was funny - they were totally cool with it. They were like, ‘Oh we get it, you’re selling them at shows.’ It was great - we sold one hundred and some thousand Beacon Street CDs, and I don’t know what it stands at right now - maybe a couple hundred thousand. For us it was just a really fun, creative thing to get to do."

Apparently, a lot of this has already been said, but I like seeing them talk about their early records. Calling it a prelude or a B-side to "Tragic Kingdom" really is the best description you can think of.

Random trivia: Gwen is the one who designed the album cover and the man who appears on it is actually her grandpa. Still doesn't make the design any less random.

Finally, @Angeleyes provided some album commentary, which is really nice to see, especially considering the content: "I just discovered this album a couple years ago, and I had no idea what I was missing! I had in my head it was non-essential/more of a compilation so I never bothered getting it, but it's a huge step from their debut and it's one of my favorite ND albums now." Love to hear that! Now we need more Little Beacon Streeters to back up this album.

With your eyes wide open, you still keep looking for your dream...

[​IMG]

3. So, there won't be an elimination tonight (even though it's nearly finished), you'll find out why...

What I will say for now is that it's quite a monumental elimination and the song has quite an amount of things in common with "Sparkle". Feel free to guess which song do you think is leaving next.

DJHazey, Angeleyes, soratami and 3 others like this.
  4. I have a feeling it's Let's Get Back. Not sure what the connections are though dd (and I hope I'm wrong)

Maki and berserkboi like this.
  5. I hope you're wrong, too...

Let's find out which song it is.

First of all, I saved this elimination for today (mostly coincidentally), because September 18th of 2015 marked the last time No Doubt performed together as a band so far yes I remain hopeful and the song we're saying goodbye to seems like a perfect fit.

Everytime I think of us I just want to make it how it was,
    Before we had much more...

[​IMG]

Let's Get Back

Average score: 7.428

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@Maki, @soratami)
    Lowest score: 4 x 2 (@Angeleyes, @An Insider)
    My score: 10

High peak: #31 (12 voters, 14 voters)
    Low peak: #54 (5 voters)

Welp. Just like that, another album is out. It took only two eliminations (and more than a month) for No Doubt's self-titled debut album to follow "The Beacon Street Collection" and lose all of its songs, with "Let's Get Back" being its crowning jewel. I think this is such a shame, because as much as I expected this album to get ripped to shreds, I hoped there would be at least one surprisingly high finish, especially with this song in mind. And even though it never managed to get to top 30 - it did have a rather strong run at the beginning, reached its high peak at half-voters mark and slowly but steadily, went below top 40, nearly ending up at its low peak in the end, with the final voter (@An Insider) kicking it out of the top 50. On a positive note, we know that at least nine voters (which is one third of the voters) thinks it's is the best song from this album, and it's also the winning song out of all of their early/pre-Tragic Kingdom discography, so things sounds much better that way and I can't complain too much.
    And I see @Angeleyes is again among the lowest scorers... let's see how we can get him to change his views here.

A definite old school favourite, "Let's Get Back" was written by Eric Stefani, Tony Kanal, Gwen Stefani and Tom Dumont around 1990 and, after the instrumental intro "BND", serves as the opening track of their self-titled debut. The song is still regarded, as this rate confirms, as one of the fan favourites - along with "Sometimes", it was chosen as the most underrated song from the debut album. Taste! Ever since it got its first live performance, "Let's Get Back" became one of the most popular songs to be performed off the debut album and it was played as far up as December 1996, when was dropped until it was played in Hawaii during May 1998 (no footage of this, though). During these live performances, it served as some sort of a workout because Gwen often got the crowd on their feet and engaged them to jump along. They brought back the song as a surprise 1-minute tease during their 2009 tour (there's a fun little video linked down below that you should check out), and that's the last time the band performed the song in public.

What can be said about the song? It's a BOP. I'm not entirely sure, but "Let's Get Back" may likely be in my top 10 songs by No Doubt. It's always been my favourite from the debut album, that's for certain. I mean, they really snapped on this one. It succeeds in seamlessly merging not only a heap of different instruments, but also different genres (ska, pop, disco, funk etc.) into 4 minutes and just keeps on giving and giving. "Move On" has a bit of a similar multi-genre element going on, but the result is jumbled up and poor thing finished at #97 in this rate. The brilliance of "Sometimes" and its maturity has already been acknowledged, though that one is a sonic outlier. "Let's Get Back", however, is an infusion of energy, doesn't sound try-hard at all and keeps their signature quirkiness and goofiness very much alive. From the synthy intro alone, the other instruments start picking up one by one and the amazing melodies keep jumping at you, with Gwen delivering hook after hook. And it's all accompanied by a glorious horn section with the production always being busy but not noisy. You rarely ever hear both a trumpet solo and guitar solo following each other sounding so good. It even has a bit of an unconventional song structure, as the middle-8 can be found in two places. Such a journey and so much fun. Cacophony has never sounded better, huh? How it never got released as a single is pure madness. Lyrically, it doesn't really have too much depth because it's a straight-forward yet cleverly written song about a patching up a rocky relationship, but it's still miles ahead of some of the 'we are so quirky' dross found on the same album. And while we're at the lyrics, I can't help but notice the parallelism between this song and "Sparkle" - both can be interpreted as the band reminiscing about their past and longing for those days. Of course, this song can't possibly be about that because they were several years before reaching massive fame, but it's still a nice coincidence to think about.
    Anyway, did I mention how utterly amazing this song is? Truly the defining track of the debut album. Obviously, it should've been about 30-40 places higher, that could be asking for too much. Maybe not as much as asking No Doubt to, er... get back.

Among the commentary, @AshleyKerwin (6.5) doesn't seem too impressed and murmurs: "Gwen's once an album love affair with disco music starts…", while @Remorque (8) is more into it "While this one starts off interesting with the synthy part, it ends a bit all over the place... I do kinda like it though!" I think @bonnieetclyde (7.5) accurately depicts the general consensus of the song, saying: "Surprisingly very 80's/Madonna-sounding. Catchy and a fun way to open the album." It does sound a bit like something Madonna would do, especially during "I'm Breathless" era. A different comparison comes from @Sprockrooster (9): "Somebody once told me there are hints of the Mission Impossible Theme in the chorus (with the keyboard) and now I can’t unhear it anymore. Yes. You are welcome." I... can't hear it, maybe if I strain hard enough. While I'm trying to figure that out, let's hear what our vocal affections hater @berserkboi (9.5) has to say: "LOVE THE VIBE and melody, but Gwen’s vocal is VERY grating and sharp here so I cannot give a 10 I am afraid!" Yeah, just as I thought.

The final word goes to @soratami (10), who's the only one that stans this song as much as I do. He says: "Definitely my favourite discovery of the rate, what a perfect way to open your first album. I love how it manages to combine all these elements, the synths, the saxophone, the guitar in different parts of the song without ever sounding messy." Yes, yes and yes. It's revisionism time again, peeps!

"Don’t you think I can see you’re changing on me..."

And a funny video from a Toronto show as part of No Doubt's 2009 tour, where a fan was brought on stage because he held the lyrics of "Let's Get Back" and the band played a snippet of the song with Gwen saying he got the wrong lyrics:

From now on, I'll imagine that the fan is @soratami ddd

Next up: As part of an emotional rollercoaster, I will be losing my lowest remaining score. But before that - "No Doubt" album write-up.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  6. Should have stayed a lot longer! Definitely their early gem!

Untouchable Ace, soratami and Maki like this.
  7. Oh my GOD, that 2009 video made me scream! Love that they just spontaneously played that song without preparation or anything. Also, I keep forgetting how good they looked during that tour! I mean, Gwen always looks gorgeous, but I also love the guys' outfits, it was just a really cool aesthetic for them.

Let's Get Back is a great opener, but I'm still a bit sad y'all kicked out Sometimes before it.

Untouchable Ace, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  8. The evil is defeated etc

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  9. Sorry, I had to go to sleep before finishing the write-up last night in order not to get another headache as a result of sleep deprivation, so it will surely be there today.

In the meantime, here are some tidbits about "Let's Get Back" that I haven't already mentioned.

One of the earliest performances of the song, from 1990 (with crappy audio):

Demo version, possibly the one that appeared on their 1991 demo tape for (that was supposed to be their initial debut album):

The vocals are different, and so is the chorus is, because it only consists of the song's title - I'm glad they updated it to what it is on the album. The outro is very cute, though.

These live performances, both from 1993:

This tour recording from 1995 that got an official release and where Gwen puts her ska-punk vocal on:

"Don't you think I have EEEEYEZ!!!" Iconic.

And the connections between it and "Sparkle" are:
    - Both songs received two perfect scores, one of which is from yours truly.
    - @Angeleyes appears as the lowest scorer for both songs.
    - The lyrical content can be interpreted as having the same sentiment.
    - Both are the most performed non-singles from their parent albums.

"No Doubt" album write-up coming very soon.

10. [​IMG]

Release date: March 17, 1992
    Total sales: 580,000 (est.)
    Notable chart peaks: #196 Australian Albums (1997)

Singles run:
    Trapped in a Box (1992)

[​IMG]

"No Doubt", the cursed self-titled debut of the band, is a great little artefact in the music world. As much of a challenge it was for some of you to listen/rate it, it was a challenge for No Doubt to get to actually release it. Again, there was a spotlight detailing the background of the album already posted in this thread, but to keep it short: the band worked their ass off to get to this point. These guys have been writing and recording music since 1987, played a myriad of live shows in order to get some coins and afford some decent recording equipment. In 1991, No Doubt had the debut album recorded and ready got be released independently, but that was just before Interscope snatched them and they re-recorded it in a professional studio before it was released the next year. The album's sound definitely wasn't going to get much attention at the time of craze around grunge music and that resulted in it being a commercial flop, selling mere 30,000 copies. But we all know what happened next.

For an album that derives mostly from 2 tone and ska bands (it's a cute coincidence that Madness singles rate is opening in a week), this seems like a nice tribute record to that genre. Of course, the content and depth, especially when it comes to lyrics, is lacking, or it's rather plentiful in unwanted areas. Then again, they were literally kids when some of these songs were written... except from Eric, he's the weird one here. When you have songs about toothache, masturbation, excessive eating etc. it becomes obvious that the band is aiming for a goofy, quirky approach and just have their career around romping. This is confirmed by Gwen's energetic vocals full of affectations and ever so busy musical arrangement. It's just not going to cut it for some (or rather most) people, which is more than reasonable. Personally, the album grew on me over time, which is expected, but it was certainly an interesting experience listening to it for the first time. It's crazy to think this is the band that would go on to write some of the best songs in the history. I mean, Eric left the band before that, and I don't even want to think what would've happened if he stayed.
    The highlights are among their best songs (don't think I won't be haunting you for what you did to "Sad for Me", "Sometimes" and "Let's Get Back") and they are more than a glimpse of brilliance that would follow. On the other hand, it is dragged down by some novelty, overly-tangy tracks (looking at you, "A Little Something Refreshing" and "Paulina"), but even these borderline-disasters have a certain charm to them. Actually, the album as a whole is charming, they manage to pull it off somehow. I mean, how adorable is "Sad for Me"? Gwen is probably responsible for the album maintaining the cutesy status. Thinking of that, I can draw a parallel between it and Madonna's "I'm Breathless". And the sonic part in general is greatly executed, too, despite occasionally not being easy on the ears. The guys know how to play their instruments very well, and Gwen provides that 'it' factor that set them apart from other bands in that scope. It's far from an excellent album for sure, with kooky elements prevailing at times and ruining the listening experience.
    All of that said, it is still weird to be saying goodbye to the entire thing before we even reached the top half, and the same can be said about "The Beacon Street Collection". Nonetheless, it's still a great album to use to weird out regular No Doubt fans who are unfamiliar with it.

What does the band have to say about the album?

Tom: "It’s funny on that album - it’s our first album - at that point we didn’t really have any concept of what singles were, as far as being in a band. We had just come out of playing clubs and playing shows, so all of a sudden a ‘single’ was a brand new thing. When we recorded the album and the song ["Trapped in a Box"], I don’t think we thought of it - we didn’t know until the album was coming out that somebody said, ‘Hey you have to have a single’ and ‘Which song?’ and we just liked that song, we were excited about it. I’m remembering back in ancient history but I think that was how we arrived at that. The record label was like, ‘You get to make a video for that song.'"

Tony: "We had such a small budget making our first record, and the only way we could make it work was that the record company would find studio time in the middle of the night - literally, that was so cheap that we could afford to do it. [...] We’d record into the morning, go home, and then start our days again. We did that so much, and that’s how we made that first No Doubt record."

Adrian: "There was a juggling act to record that record because we were at a studio in Hollywood where we were only allowed to work certain hours at night, so we would be working our jobs and doing school during the day, and at night we’d go to the studio. We were kind of jack-of-all-trades at that point."

Did anyone notice how Gwen barely addresses their early albums?

Random trivia: When the band released this album, they gave out "No Doubt" kazoos at the release party, along with other equally random branded collectibles.

Once again, @Angeleyes provides some album commentary: "I like this album as a whole, I think it has a lot of charm and ambition. I also understand some of the influence from bands like Madness which I didn't know about when I first listened to it about ten or so years ago. I wouldn't say the individual songs stand out that much save for Trapped in a Box, and Ache/Something Refreshing for their unusual song subjects, but I enjoy it as a whole!" I'm screaming at you appearing among the voters with the lowest averages for this album, but still saying you enjoy it.

You have to understand that when it comes to making music
    We meshed the styles of five alive and intertwined and fused it
    Life comes from life and through our strife we strove to make the sound true
    Compelled to spell it out, (No Doubt!) in search of what we must do...

[​IMG]

soratami, GimmeWork, DJHazey and 5 others like this.
  11. Now that we eliminated all of their pre-Tragic Kingdom repertoire, here's some info about these 30 songs:

Average score: 6.294
    The amount of 10's received: 24
    The amount of 0's received: 3
    Song with the most 10's: By the Way (4)
    Song with the most 0's: A Little Something Refreshing (2)

Also, there's now a ranking and recap of sections/albums on the first page, which will be updated in due time:​

This should be the final post dedicated to No Doubt's early era. From now on, it's the 'real deal' and it's obvious that more fan-favourites will fall. In fact, the next elimination will likely piss some of you off. Feel free to speculate which song we're losing tonight (hint: it's not a pre-2000 song).

12. I was wondering why was there no activity in this thread, only to find out that I didn't post the already finished elimination...

Anyway, the lyrics of this next one can again be linked to "Let's Get Back". Let's see why...

I've been hardened by the circumstance
    We knew this was coming...

[​IMG]

Suspension Without Suspense

Average score: 7.456

Highest score: 10 x 3 (@Damita Jo, @Babylon, @Music Is Death)
    Lowest score: 5 x 3 (@GimmeWork, @Angeleyes, @Sprockrooster)
    My score: 5.75

High peak: #52 (27 voters)
    Low peak: #84 (6 voters)

From losing two 10's in a row, one of my least favourite No Doubt songs and the lowest score since top 60 is eliminated. These results really reflect my personal life ddd. "Suspension Without Suspense" was struggling in the beginning, being the lowest placed "Return of Saturn" track and almost at the bottom of its section and nearly all of the surrounding B-sides/rarities surpassing it. That later changed, with all of its 10's coming in the second half of the voters. Eventually, it started receiving more and more consistent scores and ended up at its high peak position. Talk about resurrection. If only that happened to some of the songs we lost a while ago... Also, this made me realize that this is only the second "Return of Saturn" song to be eliminated if we're looking solely at the album itself, which is pretty cool, because it now joins "Rock Steady" as the album with the least amount of songs eliminated. All these B-sides and rarities really made it seem otherwise.

"Suspension Without Suspense" is a special one because it's among the two songs in No Doubt's discography that were written entirely by Gwen Stefani (the other one has yet to be eliminated), this being the very first one. As nearly the entire album, it was produced by Glen Ballard, but that's obviously not as special. It was released as track 11 on "Return of Saturn" and was performed at least 5 times on Return of Saturn Tour, which makes it one of the least performed songs from that album. Maybe the band was seeking proper fan-favourites. However, it was voted among the two most underrated songs from "Return of Saturn" on No Doubt's biggest fansite, so the ones who love it should find some solace in that. There's not much background info about this song whatsoever, since they never explicitly talked about it from what I can see.

Here's the thing: "Suspense Without Suspense" has always been my least favourite song from this album, and is among my lowest scores in the entire rate. What's that I hear? Is that fire crackling? Looks like my fellow "Return of Saturn" stans are preparing a wooden stake for this betrayal, so I must save myself somehow. What I will compliment is the lyrics, Gwen's vocals and the production, but overall I've always found this song... boring. Not coma-inducing type of boring, rather a background music material for me. I was hoping it would grow on me over the years, but that barely happened, which is unusual for their songs. Its awkward placement between two of the loudest tracks on the album doesn't really do it much justice, either, as it breaks the streak and I'm always debating whether to skip it when it comes on. The dreamy guitar is very nice on ears, which is oddly paired with these synths at the beginning and the end of the song, but the melody is just not doing it for me. It drags way too much and nearly sounds like an uninspired glam rock song from the 70s, especially in the chorus. The middle-8 is where it finally picks up and it's definitely my favourite part of the song. But the lyrics could be the best thing about this song. Filled with lovely metaphors, its theme seems to be about relationships that never move forward. The song talks about a relationship that got into an unhealthy pattern of stuffing problems under the rug for the sake of keeping it alive, and it only works for so long before those problems sneak up on you. It'll just keep coming back "rewinding", or as Gwen sings in the chorus: "And the same old song / We're playing it again". The song title is rather interesting and could possibly mean trying to hang around even though you know the outcome. In yet another coincidence, this patching-up type of relationship has been depicted in "Let's Get Back", but in a different way. Some lovely details surely make me realize why this would appeal to fans, however, it's still not doing it for me.
    Needless to say, this would've been my first ideal cut from "Return of Saturn", but I'll restrain myself from a proper rant. What I will note is that this song outlasted two entire albums. Think about that...

As I don't really have much praise nor criticizing left to display, let's see what the commentary says. The highest scorer of the ones who provided some thoughts is @clowezra (9.5), who obviously loves the song: "One of Gwen's best ever vocal performances I think. Stunning." and @bonnieetclyde (9) shares the sentiment: "Gorgeous lyrics, vocals and production." @Sprockrooster (5), on the other hand, is not impressed: "yawn." You need some coffee? Closest to the average score, @berserkboi (7.5) is also the closest to pinpointing the general reception of the song, saying: "I enjoy a few elements of the lyrics a lot!" Great gowns, beautiful gowns indeed.

"We get so far, and then it just starts rewinding..."

Next up: A song I didn't expect to receive multiple perfect scores (and another one that's 4+ minutes long).

13. I think I know, but I am hoping I am wrong. It would be tragic if so.

Maki and berserkboi like this.
  14. Yas, it has begun. (the cull)

Maki likes this.
  15. Now that "Suspension Without Suspense was eliminated, I can now reveal what my ideal bottom 10 looks like (this was already posted when the actual bottom 10 was revealed, but I didn't fill the remaining spots):

91. Squeal (6.5)
    92. I Throw My Toys Around (6.25)
    93. Brand New Day (6)
    94. Suspension Without Suspense (5.75)
    95. Hey You! (5.5)
    96. You Can't Teach an Ol' Dog New Tricks (5.25)
    97. Paulina (5)
    98. A Little Something Refreshing (4.5)
    99. Monkey Man (4.25)
    100. My Room Is Still Clean (4)

Interesting to see that there are five sections represented here. Six of these were actually in the bottom 10 (and "My Room Is Still Clean" matching the exact placement). I no longer have any scores lower than 6.5, either.
    My lowest remaining score is a tie between "Six Feet Under" and "Love to Love You Baby", but I would rather have former to leave first. Suddenly I'm an antagonist when it comes to "Return of Saturn"?

16. I actually think Suspension Without Suspense is quite pretty, but none of its part really take me anywhere special, so in the end it clearly wears out its welcome over the four minutes. Still, a cute 7 from me.

berserkboi and Maki like this.
  17. We will need one post in order to reach the next page, so please... nevermind.

BUMP

[​IMG]

soratami, Maria and berserkboi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.