No Doubt / Gwen Stefani - The Singles Rate - The Winner!

It's here!!!

The No Doubt & Gwen Stefani Singles Rate!

screenshot20121216at200.png

No Doubt are quite the under-rated and under-performing pop group, but their impact on pop culture has been undeniable. Despite their up and downs, they have experienced chart success spanning three decades, producing decade-defining hits such as 'Don't Speak' and 'Hey Baby'. Their 'Singles Collection' is pretty much seminal listening for any fan of pop music. The lead singer Gwen Stefani always displayed an inimitable iconic quality, and she really came into her own during the mid-noughties when she recorded two "silly dance records" (her words) that went on to be record-breaking, chart-smashing pop juggernauts, while establishing herself as a modern style icon.

You know the score...

Re-familiarise yourself with all their past hits/flops (links in the post below) and rate the songs out of 10. A '0' should be given to a song which is painful to listen to, a '10' should be given to something that comes close to perfection. Scores should be privately sent to me so that we can have a gradual reveal of the results, from least to most popular.

Voting is closed

Results
The Loser
28-26
25-23
22-20
19-17
16-14
13-11
8+7
Winner & Runner-up

Last edited:
Last edited:
Re: ~No Doubt / Gwen Stefani - The Singles Rate - What You Waiting For?~

Oh this WILL be fun. Gwen has had some of the best and PAINFULLY WORST pop songs ever. If everyone doesn't give Luxurious a 0 I will be appalled.

Soz to be a bit annoying but do you have a list of the singles - does it include features and promo singles?

Looking forward to doing this. I'll listen to The Singles compilation in my trip tonight to remember and rate some of the tracks.

You're supposed to PM your scores..

Oops, sorry about that inanotherlife!

I'll add that to the opening post.

Thanks for the votes so far guys!

A couple of people haven't given a few of the songs a score at all, so I'm assuming it's a zero for those ones.

I need to listen to a few songs but I know most and I will be partaking.

I forgot 'Luxurious' was a single. Ugh.

Spoiler: It won't be getting a good score from me.

What is wrong with Luxurious. I like it mainly for the Biggie sample but it's not offensive.

He / Him / His

I prefer No Doubt as a band but 'What You Waiting For?' deserves to win. This should be interesting.

You're right Keifer, it's not horrible, just not that likeable. Feels lazy.

Luxurious is far better than Wind It Up, which is honestly in the top 3 worst songs I've ever heard.

I may have to contribute to this and spill my love for Early Winter.