No Doubt- New album | The Popjustice Forum

No Doubt- New album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by filmnoirish, Apr 28, 2012.

1. The new forum interrupted the old No Doubt thread but to a good cause, as we start a new one, their still-untitled album is in its finishing wraps. What we have so far:

-They have one more song to go before they start mixing (mixing should be in May). Gwen tweeted a picture of a listening party so it's pretty much ready.
    -It has been said by several sources (Gavin Rossdale and Busy Signal) that the album might be slated for an August/September release.
    -Confirmed song titles are ''Dreaming the Same Dream'', ''Easy'', ''Gravity'', ''Heaven'', the aforementioned ''Push and Shove'', ''One More Summer'' ''Looking Hot'', the also Major Lazer-produced ''Settle Down'', ''Sparkle'', ''Undercover'', ''Undone'' and ''Psycho''.
    -A potential first single is ''Push and Shove'' produced by Major Lazer and featuring Busy Signal. They all describe it as ''a really really amazing song''. Let's hope this and ''One More Summer'' will be among the best pop songs of 2012 and beyond.
    -It is said that next week and if not next week very very soon the band will start releasing official webisodes for the new album, showing it's recording process and interview which will, more likely than not, feature bits and pieces of songs.
    -http://smartologie.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-doubt-for-q-magazine-plus-new-album.html
    In this Q Magazine article and interview with the band there is an interesting graph showing this album's 'DNA'.

So stay tuned! The following months will be very exciting for anyone anticipating this album.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. That graph makes the album sound really fun. Loving the name drops of Depeche Mode, The Cure, and Busy Signal. After reading that article I realized I'm more excited for a No Doubt album than I would have thought. Can't believe how long it's been.

3. I cannot tell you how excited I am to have Gwen Stefani back in music. I can't wait for the music but also the new photoshoots, videos, interviews...! It's been too long!

4. Is Sparkle the same one Gwen wrote for her solo work with the Eurythmics guy?

5. Yes, Sparkle comes from Gwen's solo days and Dave Stewart.
    Not sure if it will make album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.