No Doubt - Push & Shove (Album) | The Popjustice Forum

No Doubt - Push & Shove (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by filmnoirish, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Anyone even remotely excited for this? According to their constantly updated twitter, they are working on Song 10 at the moment...they have shown quite a lot of excitement and satisfaction with the results, especially since they had a bit of a writer's block prior to their reunion tour. Since Rock Steady was a brilliant album in my opinion, I'm quite excited for this (not to mention I am an utmost fan since pubescence). Confirmed song titles are ''Gravity'' and ''One More Summer''.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  2. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

They have a European tour coming up as well!

3. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

Rock Steady was a very good album so I'm looking forward to hearing this.

Gwen is one of the best frontwomen ever.

4. 3Xs

3Xs

Count me as excited for this. I was listening to Rock Steady last week for the first time in ages and it's really help up well, still a solid album.

5. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

I'm not as excited as I was when they announced their reformation but I am still anticipating the release of the album. I expected we would have something from them by now so naturally the excitement wears thin.

Rock Steady was brilliant in my opinion, nothing like their previous work but (in the immortal words of Simon Cowell) current and relevant, and Gwen's solo career is not to be sniffed at -- it all bodes well.

6. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

Yep, definetly ready and excited for a new album!

7. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

I'm semi-excited. It'll be nice to hear Gwen's voice again on new material. But I really do wish she was still solo.

8. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

I liked the fact that Gwen mentioned they were being influenced by 80s music, particularly the cheesy, kitsch kind, for this album. That must bear interesting results IMO
    http://www.nme.com/news/no-doubt/49809

9. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

Gwen is amazing. No Doubt are amazing. Rock Steady is amazing. They transformed It's My Life into one of the best songs of all time. So yeah, kinda excited for this.

10. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

Rock Steady was an amazing album. It'll be interesting to see what they came up with.

11. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

I really like No Doubt and like most of their singles. I have just realised I have never bought one of their albums though.

12. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

I will look into this but I prefer to think of them as something from the past.

13. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

this album is so overdue. I can't wait till it finally comes out and they go on tour again!

14. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

It's actually crazymazing to think that it's been ten years since Rock Steady. It still sounds so fresh today!

15. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

If this was facebook, I would "like" this.

No Doubt was the first band I ever really paid attention to at the ripe age of 7, and Tragic Kingdom was the first album I ever bought. I've been to 5 of their shows (twice with this past tour) and 3 of Gwen's. I'm one of their biggest fans, and it's been an agonizing wait these past ten years (well, 4 years if I include Gwen's solo output). As long as the music is amazing (which I'm sure it will be), the wait will be well worth it.

16. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

Hella Good is a piece of dance rock perfection.

17. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

I really, really cannot believe Rock Steady is that old. I could've sworn it was 2002-2004-ish...but I did just look it up, and you're right. How insane.

18. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

It's been ten years since Rock Steady? Call the crypt keeper, because I'm feeling extremely old right now.

19. 3Xs

3Xs

Actually it's been 9 years, but who's counting.

20. Re: No Doubt- New Album (release slated for first half of 2011)

I gave up waiting for their album (and Shirley's album) but it seems things are finally starting to move ahead. Let's see what they have come up with. I've been a big fan of No Doubt ever since i saw Ex Girlfriend on MTV. Return Of Saturn is such an amazing album. And Rock Steady was an improvement in the sound.

I'm looking forward to this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.