Noonie Bao - Pyramids

Amazing, I was just listening to Pyramids earlier this week and I was reminded we were getting an EP. Here I come, iTunes.

Spotify has an exclusive acoustic version of Pyramids on 'Noonia'.
Oceans Deep is my favourite of the new songs.

EDIT: Could we change the title of the thread to Noonie Bao - Noonia?

he/him
CRH81beUcAEzbMy.jpg
I love Julianne Moore.

G

Guest member

So... the EP is incredible. She's going to deliver one hell of an album in 2016, isn't she? Just take look at some of her co-writing credits:
Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me
Clean Bandit - Dust Clears, Rihanna
Charli XCX - Doing It, Breaking Up, Need Ur Luv
Say Lou Lou - Games For Girls
Tove Styrke - Chaos, Four Elements

I also love how her release trajectory so far has been identical to Tove Styrke's pre-album campaign in 2014: first single in April, second single in September, 5-track all killer-no filler EP in November.

Looks-wise (hair, fashion, artwork, videos, etc.) she really is the Swedish, ginger equivalent of Allie X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget about Die Tonight from Sucker! She co-wrote that as well!

Criminal Love is definitely my favorite from the new bunch. The whole EP is amazing work, though. Stanning.

he/him
Her last album was incredible, so I have no reason to doubt whatever she releases next will be.

The EP is incredible. All killer. I really enjoy the acoustic version of Pyramids too. So pretty.

By the way, Noonie sounds a lot like Martina from Dragonette, doesn't she?

G

Guest member

Great video. I love her minimalistic colourful aesthetic so much.

The middle 8 of "Criminal Love" slays me. Her music is so wonderfully layered in places.

What happened to the "Pyramids" video though? I remember watching a few previews, but I never got to see the full thing and can't seem to find it on YouTube. Was it ever released? Or was it taken down (Ryn Weaver all over again)?

The Criminal Love music video is fantastic. And the song is even better! The entire EP is just extremely good.

he/him
Great video. I love her minimalistic colourful aesthetic so much.

The middle 8 of "Criminal Love" slays me. Her music is so wonderfully layered in places.

What happened to the "Pyramids" video though? I remember watching a few previews, but I never got to see the full thing and can't seem to find it on YouTube. Was it ever released? Or was it taken down (Ryn Weaver all over again)?
I didn't know there was a proper video for Pyramids, I've only seen one where it has a bright yellow background and she's staring straight ahead as those metal stress-balls go from side to side. I assumed it was just a teaser video.

G

Guest member

Here they are. All filmed at different locations in Los Angeles. It looked really promising, and fun!

he/him
I'm really excited to hear "Reminds Me" on Friday. I wasn't big on the Noonia EP outside of "Pyramids" but I have a good feeling about this, for whatever reason.

G

Guest member

+ she teased #EP2 some time ago. I would love for her to release multiple EPs instead of one album. Albums are so 2007.