Noonie Bao - Pyramids | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Noonie Bao - Pyramids

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by analka, Aug 19, 2015.

1. It sounds like State Of Dreaming to me, without the chorus.

Noir likes this.
  2. Yeah, that one and Starring Role are what I had in mind when it compared Noonie's song to Electra Heart.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  3. Damn, why is she so underrated?! Pyramids changed my life.

londonrain and backstreetjoe like this.
  4. New tune with PC Music's EASYFUN.

Jersey, andru, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  5. I'm obsessed with Sorry Not Sorry at the moment. I liked it instantly, but I love it so much now. It's amazing. The hooks are incredibly strong, but kind of only revealed themselves to me after a few plays. The entire song is quite restrained, but hypnotic. It's got so much replay value. I hope Noonie makes it a proper single with a video and stuff.

backstreetjoe and Vasilios like this.
  6. This is some real bop city.

backstreetjoe and andru like this.
  7. Poor Terror Jr.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. Monopoly is great!

9. Guest member

Guest member Guest

I think "Monopoly" is better than any of Charli's PC Music output so far. Her soft and fragile vocals in contrast with the aggressive blips and beeps works surprisingly well.

andru and lushLuck like this.
  10. It's one of the best PC Music releases period so far. Up there with Hannah Diamond's best.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. Oh wow, the difference when PC Music uses someone who can actually sing! Love it.

Guest member and lushLuck like this.
  12. HOLY SHIT, Monopoly just turned my world upside down. I'M IN LOVE (available on iTunes).

lushLuck and Guest member like this.
  13. I can't actually stop playing this.

lushLuck likes this.
  14. She's featured on a new Alan Walker song out today:

andru and backstreetjoe like this.
  15. Why was Sorry Not Sorry such a low key release? It sounded like a niché hit to me.

Guest member likes this.
  16. Guest member

Guest member Guest

What happened to that second EP? I mean, if Warner's Dua Lipa, MØ and Charli XCX are struggling... What are even the chances we're getting a new EP or album from her?

It's so unfortunate she's not credited as a featured artist on Avicii's "I Could Be The One" and Alan Walker's "Alone", the 2 biggest hits to her name. She wrote and did the lead vocals on both EDM songs... A wasted opportunity, if you ask me.

In other news, this collaboration was silently released at the end of January:

I love it. I think I prefer it over the last 2 singles. It's a bit Robyn-esque.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
    andru likes this.
  17. Did anyone know that she's a co-writer on that Zedd and Alessia Cara song?

Hopefully having a proper WW-hit under her belt will get her into even more sessions now. She deserves to be a huge writer.

2014 and andru like this.
  18. I only listened to it when I found out Noonie was involved. It's quite good, if a bit too The Chainsmokeresque.

19. What's going on in Noonie Bao land? I haven't heard a peep in nearly a full year! "Sorry Not Sorry" isn't available anywhere of note, unless you search out blogs. No lyrics video, even the SoundCloud is just a clip unless you're a premium user. Where'd she go?

20. As far as I know, she's done with the whole 'popstar' thing and is focusing on songwriting for other artists.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.