Normani - "1:59" (feat. Gunna) [Apr 26] + DOPAMINE (TBD)

I know it's been debunked already but Fifth Harmony were flopping sales and tour wise even on their original run. A 5 piece reunion seems impossible (they hated Camila) and fruitless. Like you have a girl who is just re-releasing the one smash she had, one girl who still has to release her debut, one Twitter warrior and two cardboard cutouts. It's not even a millennial girl group that would inspire nostalgia.

Let our poor girl release her album in peace!

I know it's been debunked already but Fifth Harmony were flopping sales and tour wise even on their original run. A 5 piece reunion seems impossible (they hated Camila) and fruitless. Like you have a girl who is just re-releasing the one smash she had, one girl who still has to release her debut, one Twitter warrior and two cardboard cutouts. It's not even a millennial girl group that would inspire nostalgia.

Let our poor girl release her album in peace!

Success wise, yeah you’re right. But I think they’re all civil and friendly now? They all speak about being in a much better place with each other now.

he / him
I do wonder if there is a high profile collaboration on Dopamine that'll be pushed as the lead single or if her and her team choose to focus on the album as a whole and not worry about any singles and their potential success.

I'd be here for another collaboration with Cardi, tbh.

I feel like even with hardly any output, Normani is more well known than Fifth Harmony. They had a few hits but I don't think the general public really knew or cared who they were... That's just my personal impression though so maybe I'm wrong???

They had a few big hits and were a fairly decent-sized Pop act for that weird time.

I agree with this - @Leopold referenced it being “DOA” but I’m bemused by what metric we’re using here?

DOA for me is doing the same or less as the new J-Lo album. Poor sales, one week middling peak/forced media interest and then out (of charts and mind).

I only see Normani agreeing to doing anything 5H-related if it helps her boost her profile higher as a solo artist, it wouldn't make sense going back to it any other way. At most a Destiny Fulfilled in-between solo projects situation or just a VMA performance moment of remembrance.

Success wise, yeah you’re right. But I think they’re all civil and friendly now? They all speak about being in a much better place with each other now.

Yeah as crazy as it would have seemed a few years ago, a five piece reunion is now likely at some point in my opinion. They've spoken about healing their friendships and now all seem supportive of one another. But the timing doesn't feel right yet.

I didn't post it at the time but one of the insiders on ATRL mentioned that a date hadn't been nailed down for this yet, which is probably why one hasn't been announced dd.

I didn't post it at the time but one of the insiders on ATRL mentioned that a date hadn't been nailed down for this yet, which is probably why one hasn't been announced dd.
Well, that has been kinda obvious for a while now. Why was it even announced at this point?

Is that for the single as well, or just the album? If it's both then this is frankly ridiculous and I don't know why they bothered.