Normani - "1:59" (feat. Gunna) [Apr 26] + DOPAMINE (TBD)

Is she a recognizable name in the US, enough to push pre-sales? In Europe I get the impression that only a couple of gays know who she is, and that's because of the memes of her showing up at every event Rita Ora style.

Is she a recognizable name in the US, enough to push pre-sales? In Europe I get the impression that only a couple of gays know who she is, and that's because of the memes of her showing up at every event Rita Ora style.

She’s definitely a recognisable name to push pre sales . Her Album tweet has over 200k likes on twitter . What they should of actually done was put the pre sale link in the initial album cover art tweet as that would have definitely got them even more pre sales of that announcement alone .

I think it would be amazing if they just K-Pop it and release the video for the title track and drop the album at the same time, then let the singles be chosen naturally by what people are gravitating towards. I know that's very far from what the suits would allow but honestly I'm so tired of these drawled out 6 months campaigns and yeah they might better week 1 numbers from preorders but hype for a product can and will die down when people have just been waiting and waiting.

I wonder if Normani finished the album and announced it behind RCA’s back to almost force their hand.

It just seems odd to announce an album with no release date or any information. A part of me thinks RCA is now scrambling behind the scenes.

he/him
I wonder if Normani finished the album and announced it behind RCA’s back to almost force their hand.

It just seems odd to announce an album with no release date or any information. A part of me thinks RCA is now scrambling behind the scenes.

Nah, there wouldn’t be an album cover, pre-save link, or interview without their approval

I’m not sure why people are surprised that there’s no plan. It’s been the default position for her career for the last few years.

All I can really say is that there should be studies on how bad RCA are.

Just drop it out of nowhere. Drop it and let people select which is going to be the single. There's probably some good 2 or 3 videos filmed already too, so if any of those songs align with people's taste - let them out at the same time to get an extra push.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why people are surprised that there’s no plan. It’s been the default position for her career for the last few years.

I think it's less surprise and more disappointment. They went ages without officially announcing an album, so to have a cover + title and website launch, it just felt like... okay, the ball is rolling! It's frustrating that they seemingly still don't know what's happening. Silence would be better than this. They never should have announced an album without some immediate follow-up planned.

I worked at RCA for many years and while I had an overall terrible experience there, in this particular case, they are definitely not the main people to blame for the way this entire project has gone....