Normani - "Fair" + Debut Album | Page 209 | The Popjustice Forum

Normani - "Fair" + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Which songs would that be?

2. Oh you’re the gatekeeper now for what’s good? Why exactly?

3. This is perfect... both the song and the video.
    I just wish there was no Cardi.
    She kinda adds nothing tbh, her verse is jarring on the smooth beat and her scene in the video is just out of place in the gorgeous video.
    Maybe I just have Cardi fatigue?

Hunter likes this.
  4. pre-streaming-era platinum plaque? Yeah... yeah. I know what you mean nn

slaybellz, Beginner and lushLuck like this.
  5. I really like the song. Video is perfect!

Troylovesmusic and Rafa_el like this.
  6. Obsessed with the eyebrows and expression she’s serving in the rooftop choreo scene.

I do agree the song would be better without Cardi.

Rafa_el likes this.
  7. Are you OK? Whatever I said is my opinion. Since when can’t I even say how I find a song without being called a “gatekeeper for what’s good” and challenged on that? Do you react this way to those who say a song is good too?

You like the song. Good for you. I find it passable. Sorry not sorry.

ALEX, lilylu and Marc1129 like this.
  8. I’m really sorry, but I don’t like it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2021
  9. What the fuck?

Jacques, Laurence, tea and 41 others like this.
  10. Music video is a 10/10 and is serving replayability in spades. I’m lukewarm on the song itself, it feels a little lacklustre and I personally don’t enjoy Cardi’s involvement here.

Also why was this so hard for me to find? To find the video I had to search Normani on YouTube & then go to her profile, it didn’t even show up on the search page. I also can’t get the song to play on Spotify at all so haven’t managed to listen to the non-video version.

SHYGUY likes this.
  11. my brand.

Jacques, Laurence, tea and 55 others like this.
  12. I’ve played this about twenty times today… I’m really liking this and the video is insane! The Cardi feature is obviously needed for some exposure but I would have loved a solo version from her with a more exiting middle eight to switch it up.

13. Now who keeps letting people wander out of the Kylie thread

[​IMG]

Jacques, tea, slaybellz and 48 others like this.
  14. Anyone who dislikes this is ugly and dehydrated!

tea, slaybellz, Blond and 40 others like this.
  15. The video is fantastic.

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  16. It already debuted higher than Motivation, it seems, really hoping this does some numbers for her.

17. Yeah, I think R&B needs to be gatekept from certain people. In the words of Azealia: “I don’t wanna share this with y’all.”

18. RMK

RMK

Normani has so much going for her, but the songs have never really lived up to expectation. The Ciara comparison is apt. She's a really strong dancer and performer, but it makes me wish this was her Promise or Body Party.

PopCrushed, Verandi and neinzedd like this.
  19. The song hasn’t clicked with me but she’s an incredible dancer.

20. I don’t like K

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.